Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The area where I live appears to have just gone LTE. I'm on the 1314 firmware, and my battery life has improved dramatically since the switch. My usage hasn't been terribly heavy, but it's looking like I might get two days on my last charge.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Meh...a week and half using the device and my battery is sub par in my opinion. Im hoping it will continue to improve over time.

Running:
- Screen Medium Brightness
- WeatherFlow syncing weather every hour
- Battery Montior background task running
- LTE + Wifi always on
- A few texts, browsing minimal

Its idle most of the day

A get through 75% of the day on a full charge

Levithanius

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I think that's my personal record for now...

wp_ss_20130501_0002.png

A few WA messages, Twitter and WP Central. All on 3G (drove through countless cells) and about one hour on WiFi.
I've done not much, still pretty impressive.

jbeal82

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
920 battery

My battery life used to be good, but over the last two-three days my phone has been getting hot and the battery has been draining much quicker than before. I have put it on the charger twice today already... Anyone else having this issue? Solutions? Thoughts?

Last edited:

theppy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
i'm affraid that facebook official app is a real battery vamp. I downloaded it today and the battery life was serioulsy lowered.
Meh.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I think that's my personal record for now...

View attachment 33180

A few WA messages, Twitter and WP Central. All on 3G (drove through countless cells) and about one hour on WiFi.
I've done not much, still pretty impressive.

I thought my battery life was good, but it doesn't hold a candle to yours. Never seen battery life like that, incredibly impressive!!!
I usually get about 36 hours when using wifi, but when I opt for 3G I get around 14 hours max! So obviously I try and stick with wifi when available!

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I thought my battery life was good, but it doesn't hold a candle to yours. Never seen battery life like that, incredibly impressive!!!
I usually get about 36 hours when using wifi, but when I opt for 3G I get around 14 hours max! So obviously I try and stick with wifi when available!

Does anyone know why the device stays connected to both Carrier Data AND Wireless together, but uses WIFI first? Both the Android and iPhone Wifi overwrite the Carrier Data. I believe this also unnecessarily consumes the battery.

Attachments

• wp.JPG
    wp.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know why the device stays connected to both Carrier Data AND Wireless together, but uses WIFI first? Both the Android and iPhone Wifi overwrite the Carrier Data. I believe this also unnecessarily consumes the battery.

View attachment 33271

I've been wondering about that too. Because of that we have to manually turn mobile data off when WiFi is on to save battery. That should be automatic IMO.

AdmiralCrisp

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Here's my problem. I've had my L920 for 4 months now and haven't had any issues except for random lock-ups when charging where I need to soft reset the phone. About a week ago my phone has been getting very warm around the top half, and my battery has been draining rapidly. I don't use it much during the day, just check email a couple times. After I turned it off when it was at 7%, I plugged it in and let it charge to 100%, it worked fine up until yesterday when the phone warmed up again and drained my battery. However, yesterday it cooled down in the afternoon at around 30% and seemed to work fine for the rest of the day. For most of today my phone was fine until late afternoon, early evening, it started to warm up. Currently the phone is mildly warm at the top. I have all my background apps blocked, Bluetooth off, tap+send off, and always close fully out of an app after using it. Also recently (about 2 weeks) I've noticed that I'm always on LTE. What could be causing this issue? Please help.
Thanks

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Sitting right now with 62 hours off the charge with 38% left. This includes some minor texting, 1.5 hours of music, 30 minutes of calling, app updates, and 3 background tasks.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
After latest update(1308) i can now easily make two days when battery is fully charged. Currently i'm past 1day 21hours and still 39% left. I can now approximately make 20h more on single charge compared to before update.

nander

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My battery usually makes it to 30-40% after a whole day, but lately it's just plummeted. Last night I went to bed with 65% battery and when I woke up 7 hours later, it was at 4%. If it keeps getting worse I'll just get rid of it because as much as I love using it, I hate having to be super careful when I use it in order to make it last.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
ALRIGHTY, 6 months of EH battery life (10-12h with moderate usage and basically everything turned off) i decided to try and turn battery saver on PERMANENTLY for the first time ever, AND HOLY CRAP IT'S AWESOME. Legit like more than doubled my battery life with same usage. Heck it's using 4G data MORE now.

Email and live tiles are alright as i plug the phone in every night so they get to update then.

mike1810

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Had the phone a week, tried all the battery drainers, uninstalled all apps, turned everything off - but it's WiFi and Mobile Data. If those are, and even if they're stable, the phone doesn't last a day with "normal usage" (check Twitter, post to FB, check Twitt/FB, take a photo and upload it etc.)

Example: full charge after battery drain and phone charged overnight - phone says 14 hours left with 100% battery with a stable WiFi connection. Turn WFi off - 2days15hours.

Same with Mobile Data (3G etc.)

This simply isn't good enough.

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Had the phone a week, tried all the battery drainers, uninstalled all apps, turned everything off - but it's WiFi and Mobile Data. If those are, and even if they're stable, the phone doesn't last a day with "normal usage" (check Twitter, post to FB, check Twitt/FB, take a photo and upload it etc.)

Example: full charge after battery drain and phone charged overnight - phone says 14 hours left with 100% battery with a stable WiFi connection. Turn WFi off - 2days15hours.

Same with Mobile Data (3G etc.)

This simply isn't good enough.

Battery consumption in a smartphone depends more on the amount of functions it uses, than the battery life, there is no high-end smartphone (regardless of brand) with battery that hard to do a miracle users (users who use many applications), and that's a fact!
The 920 comes with a battery 2.000mAh... if the hard users can buy Brando Power Jacket which adds an extra load of 2.200mAh and get a total of 4.200mAh it. This accessory costs around $ 37.
And if it is still hard for some little-users, there is also a DC-16 is a portable charger with more 2.200mAh load.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy