Lumia 920 not updating to cyan

W

WPCentral Question

Hi guys,

I'm a proud owner of a Lumia 920 with Black update. I live at Portugal and bought my Lumia last year from an online site, Fnac.pt...

At the moment everytime i check for update, the phone says that is up to date. In Settings / About i realized that carrier was CV Scandinavia (??) and OS version is 8.0.10517.150 and firmware is 3051.40000.1349.0004. In Settings / Extras + info / More info i can see that manufacturer is RM-821_eu_euro1_349 and configuration ID 363116.

At this moment, according to Nokia site, CV versions for Portugal, Denmark, Norway and Sweden are available.

What could be the problem with my phone to not to receive cyan? My mobile operator is Optimus but when i bought the 920, it was SIM unlocked and not attached to any operator in particular.

Another question if possible, when it checks for updates, does the request goes first to mobile operator or straith away to Microsoft?

Best regards
Eduardo

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
If you're on the Developer Preview, you likely have to roll back to 8.0 first or the Cyan update won't show up for you. MS still has the Cyan update blocked if you are on the DP due to the brinking issue if you have bitlocker enabled at the time of upgrade. You can find articles here about the rollback process.

Lunalphic

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem... CV Scandinavia and did not receive any update yet, and I'm not in the Developer Preview either... The fun thing about this is I couldn't find any CV Scandinavia in the lumia cyan update list website.

felixelgatao

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Lunalphic
True, and for what i've been reading, to change the carrier we have to flash the phone with a firmware where we can choose the firmware.
What is strange for me is that when Black update was available i received after a few days... now with Cyan, don't know what could be happening and i'm not in the mood to flash a fully functional phone.

iltoroblu

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. Bought a 920 online almost one year ago, now can't update to Cyan.
It says Scandinavia CV carrier, currently I live in Hungary, no update given. Damn...

felixelgatao

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, i have news.

I've been talking to Nokia Care here in Portugal and they are going to change My Lumia's firmware for free cause its still on warranty.
If you got a Nokia Care center near you, talk to them.

Olteanu Florin

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
In Romania today 3 october 2014 I have received the Cyan update, with 4 install pre-updates ! Of course, with Developer mode active ! So, better then never ! At Extras and details is shows clear the Cyan version on blue ! :evil:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786