Lumia 928 Nokia Black Update

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Where are the new features? I know that with black we were supposed to be able to access new apps like Nokia Beamer, Storyteller and Refocus but Beamer and Storyteller are still saying they are unavailable for my device. Have you guys found any solutions to this problem? I already had GDR3 so there wasn't a ton in this update and I feel like I'm missing out on what little I was supposed to get.

Ele7eN

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Patience Padawan... patience...

Patience for what? The update has been released for the 928, but these features are not working. I have the same issue. My 928 is updated to Black, but I cannot install Storyteller or Beamer.

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest installing SysApp Pusher.

I tried SysAppPusher with no luck.

@jleebiker I have been very patient waiting for this update. Now that it's here I want it to do what I was told it would do. Really the only thing this update has done for me so far is make it so I have notifications on the Glance screen, which while great, is not enough to make this update worth the wait.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
yah, chillax, Verizon probably just opened the update before nokia was ready with the store changes. My goodness, it's a phone, not open heart surgery.

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Ele and kb, as of 3:30am MT, 2/15, you can download and install both. Beamer is really fun!

Yeah I finally got them both. I knew they would come, just a little annoyed that they didn't have it ready when the update was released. But no worries, I'm happy now.

nickg0413

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Noticed I had a download alert and just finished downloading Black....haven't had a change to check anything on it yet. Hope everything will be working fine on it. Now just waiting for WP 8.1 :)

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't tried it in a while, so I don't know that it was specifically the Black update, but I can now wake to the Nokia Camera app without having to enter my PIN. It's stupid, but I had turned my password off for a while because of that silly inconvenience, so I'm pretty happy to finally have that functionality in place.

pappy53

Banned
Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
What is the OS version for Black? I just got a 928, and it is showing 8.0.10517.150
Firmware revision number 3051.40000.1352.0058

I did check for updates, and said up to date.

nojoking

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
i have not gotten the update, Verizon keeps telling me that my phone is updated. It is not. Still says it is 8.0. This is just an annoyance. I wonder how many phones got broken by this update? And since I am on a roll, why update or download an app that apparently MS don't care about. I thought all these apps were vetted by MS but they are not. I would trust MS more so than joe blow writing code for my laptop, desktop, or phone. Apps save MS money, they don't have to pay the coder, but that doesnot make them responsible either. Better to get a flakey app from MS than joe blow hacker.

nojoking
--
Want to potect your clients, enforce strick email practices.

pappy53

Banned
Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
This is my extras + info screen. Still not sure if I have Black. My firmware version ends with 1058, not 10330. My OS version ends with 150, not 155.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140223_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140223_0001.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 6
  • wp_ss_20140223_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20140223_0002.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 6

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
i have not gotten the update, Verizon keeps telling me that my phone is updated. It is not. Still says it is 8.0. This is just an annoyance. I wonder how many phones got broken by this update? And since I am on a roll, why update or download an app that apparently MS don't care about. I thought all these apps were vetted by MS but they are not. I would trust MS more so than joe blow writing code for my laptop, desktop, or phone. Apps save MS money, they don't have to pay the coder, but that doesnot make them responsible either. Better to get a flakey app from MS than joe blow hacker.

nojoking
--
Want to potect your clients, enforce strick email practices.

8.0 IS the latest major revision. That is black. Read past the first two digits.

Nunyazz, I'm not wondering if I have Black. I know I do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre