Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

Zygimantas Rimkus1

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
i got big problems in slow motion videos, never make them good. when filming it its struggles, and the camera coming worse, i got sample on youtube, is very very bad. i cant post it for you.
Got problems when turning camera when phone is locked, sometimes its turning on, sometimes not. many times something happening when taking pictures, just camera stop working, than i have to do a phone restart, so the phone is really really buggy mainly with camera.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, today I get these two app updates available in the store...keeps coming up with 0x80246016 error:

wp_ss_20160216_0005.jpgwp_ss_20160216_0001.jpg

Starting to get annoying ....come on Microsoft...lets tighten up! :eck:
OS: 10.0.10586.107-->via Windows Insider Preview Release Ring
Firmware: 01078.00017.15454.290xx

Anyone else getting this...possibly more glitches in MS servers?

~~~~~~~~EDIT~~~~~~~~~~~

Had to be the MS servers, as now 1 hour later success, and it added another Office mobile app...PowerPoint
:amaze:
wp_ss_20160216_0007.jpg

Last edited:

Alexbal

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I don't know if this is related to 950 or W10M in general, but there is as hissing/whirring sound ( very low you need to be in a quite room to hear it) from the ear piece when I mark the box in order to start write e.g. in WhatsApp or in EDGE. In Whatsapp the sound sometimes remains on even after you have closed the app. I think it could be source of a battery draining or at least unnecessary waist of energy. The sound does not change if you adjust the volume and it remains on when you mute the phone. Does anyone else have this?

Lumia 950
Sw.107
Fw. 15085

Limp15000

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I also noticed this. It will hiss then stop and loop like this. It seems to be a known issue. I installed an app called "stop music" which I pinned on my start screen.
When I hearing the hissing I press this app and it stops. I think it may be related to Whatsapp but not sure.

I have a bug with driving mode. When I exit my car my phone will be stuck in silent mode which is a kind of annoying.

I also suffer from random reeboots once or twice a day.

Weirdest issue is when connect to a corporate network (which is a mess, antennas and channels are not setup right) the batterie will drain and the phone will reboot a couple times an hour. Seems some Android phones in the company also have batterie issues when connected to that network so I am not really blaming my Lumia 950 on this.

Tiiger88

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Ok, my lumia 950 have annoying bug (started annoying while ago). When i use my phone and read something, and before screen turns off, it goes little darker, so i have time to tap on screen and read or watch what i want. Now the problem is, everytime i tap, the tap acts like long press. So when i'm on start screen, it unlocks tiles and when i'm on edge, little window pops up and says select all and so on....Anybody with same little but annoying issue? It acts same even when i don't tap but scroll over the screen!

Simon Hudson

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem as some others on my 950 with all my custom sounds having been eradicated by the last update.
It is possible to install the Ringtone Maker app form the store, which will let you get some functionality back, but it's still pretty broken. And it deleted my ringtone files; which is a massive OS updates no, no. What a screw up by MS on their premium phone.

Maik_b

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

does anybode else got this problem?

My Lumia 950 just randomly turns off and i'm not able to turn it on again until I remove the battery pack and reinstate it.
It just look like my battery pack and my device loose connection for some reason?
Should i get a new phone from Microsoft?

Greetings
Maik

kulf

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 950 just randomly turns off and i'm not able to turn it on again until I remove the battery pack and reinstate it.
It just look like my battery pack and my device loose connection for some reason?
Should i get a new phone from Microsoft?
I had to work on the batteries contact pins so they gripped the phone's contacts more firmly. Before I did that, the phone would randomly crash when "thrown" on a desk. So, if you feel confident about DIY (just use a sharp little *plastic* pin to pry the battery contacts) then it can be fixed in no time. The easy way would be to get a new battery from Microsoft...

8Ella8

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Windows Hello (Beta) Iris Scan Setup issue/error message. Microsoft Lumia 950. Im trying to set up the Iris option in Windows hello (Beta) and it comes up with an error every time ? I go to sign in options, then go to the Iris set up, then to get started, then enter pin which I have set up, push next, every time it says: Sorry something went wrong, close Windows Hello, then try going through setup again. The red light does come on in the top corner and it seems to be scanning very briefly before this error message comes up.

Is there a fix for this??

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I am so happy with my Lumia 950 that I want to share my feelings with the world

This is my beautiful story:

I got my Lumia 950 last week. It definitely has its flaws and bugs, even on the latest FW, but I thought they were minor ones.

I then got myself a 64 Gb Sandisk Ultra Pro (UHS-I 3) to record 4K as much as I wanted.

My problems started when Whatsapp stopped sending messages.

I thought it was a matter of resetting the phone to its factory state. So I did. No success.

After quite a while, perhaps a full day, I've learned that you simply cannot set new pictures to be saved on your SD card.

It's either that or the perfect functionality of whatsapp. You simply can't have both.

But that's not the worst part.

When I get back to the option of saving new pictures on my phone, I've lost all the videos and pictures on my SD Card.

How intelligent must these guys in charge of WM10 be?

Man, I am so happy!

EDIT:

If you find yourself in this unbelievably ridiculous position, use the RECUVA app (PC) and it will get all your files back.

I can't believe I am facing such a basic problem like this in 2016.

Unbelievable.

Last edited:

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Strangely, all MS word, excel and powerpoint is now forcing me to subscribe to office 365 in order to edit documents in my L950. All i can do, is just view the documents.

I thought only when using continum we need office 365 subscription. Anyone facing this issue?

PMantle

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
My phone still gives me the option to read or ignore texts while listening to a bluetooth speaker, but it no longer takes any action if I say either one. Any fix to that? This started after one of the updates.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a Cortana bug or issue. I can use Cortana to search for something, say "pink elephant." Cortana will bring up results quickly. I can select the "Images" tab and see thumbnails of images. But when I select a certain image, I get the circle-dot loading animation that never loads the image. I can use Edge to go to bing.com and perform the same search and the images load perfectly fine.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Saved pictures bug: When I go to onedrive and the saved pictures folder and then save one of those pictures to my phone, it creates a duplicate of the picture on onedrive.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Data usage bug: In my settings under data usage, it shows usage by SIM 2, even though I have never had a SIM card in SIM 2. It appears to just be mislabeled.

wp_ss_20160318_0001.jpg

DatUtter

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, i wonder why i cant connect to my works wifi, home it works. all other places it works. Is it because the router at work maybe is 8 years old? all other phones i used worked there. Is it like a new gen wifi on this phone? xD

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
There is still a Outlook.com email syncing issue on my AT&T Branded 950:
Firmware: 01078.00038.16025.39033 (latest version just released)

This has been going on from the stock OS, and firmware...Complete, clean hard reset, no backups..
Had a 'contact' in both Outlook.com and Gmail. com......edited both via Windows 10 PC....synced performed on both accounts via PC People app...Sync then performed on both Gmail.com account contact, and then Sync performed on Outlook.com account contact..
Result on 950--->Gmail.com account contact updates correctly....Outlook.com DOES NOT.....very disappointed with this...
Going to Feedback threads, many discussions on this....:eck:

Last edited:

Florentin78

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950 Dual sim which just freezes (when browsing an having many tabs open; opening multiple pictures from facebook; switching between apps) and then in 5 second it restarts... like once a day, not more...
It used to also have sudden crashed mostly with whatsapp but that seems do be solved.
I usually in the field medic get
OS Crash 00000014
OS Crash 00000117
OS Crash 00000EF
Crash dwm.exe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb