Lumia 950 XL Quality Issues

Renan Gallardo

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
This is a concern that would make even a Day 1 user of Windows Phone quit the platform.

1. The first and one and only stock they had. Scratches on the screen
  2. Replacement. Scratches underneath the screen. It can only be seen with a LED flashlight directly on the screen and at an angle.
  3. Possible replacement. Store stock. Same issue as #2
  4. Possible replacement. Store stock. Very very rough LCD frame
  5. Replacement. A crescent shape appears at the right side of the earpiece if the screen is dirty. Can be seen with/without a flashlight. Goes away when cleaned.
  6. Possible replacement. Store stock. Way off-center back camera. The Microsoft logo at the front looks like those glossy embossed stickers.
  7. Possible replacement. Store stock. Same issue as #2

Seven consecutive units in total that has quality issues. Now I'm told that there are no deliveries incoming this week. I haven't been able to use the device for more than a week for both replacements. Users from the Philippines would know how hard warranties are here. Lumia Philippines wasn't able to help. Tried to get the attention of Nadella, main MS, and MS PH accounts on Twitter and all I get are crickets. Lumia Helps was no help as well. I'm beginning to think quality issues were the real reason the device is being pulled out overseas and not due to stocks.

Renan Gallardo

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
This is shockingly bad, and unfortunate. Maybe buy a lottery ticket and see how that goes for you.

I will. I'll have you to thank if it goes well.

And I'm actually pressured to make a decision today if I'll wait for new stocks to arrive (with no assurance in quality) or go with a refund, which basically should take very long, and go with a Nexus 6P. Either way, I'm pretty much screwed. Money is with the store (Not to mention the expenses just going back and forth), but at the very least Microsoft for some reason has all their efforts on their competitors platforms.

As a tip to users who're planning to purchase a Lumia 950 XL, if you encounter any problems and report it to your local Microsoft Support or even Lumia Help, they only take it as a feedback and refer you back to the retail store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon