Lumia 950XL first look problems

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
They could have added that later once the update for W10M was ready. I would have been perfectly content without Windows Hello.

There is a lot more than drivers involved. The hardware alone in terms of the chipset was needed to run continuum. The hardware could not be updated at a later time other than with a new device.

Windows 10 also needed the newer hardware to run universal apps, 8.1 could not do this.

Think of it as Windows RT (surface 2) compared to Windows 64 bit (surface 3 pro). A special app had to be made to run on RT, but an app made for x64 can run on any 64 bit windows operating system as long as the hardware is capable.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Open the mail app, then tap the "..." In the task bar. Choose settings. In the newest build, .29, choose the notifications menu item. When it opens, make sure the boxes for "Show a notification banner" and "Play a sound" are checked. Do this for all accounts on the device if you have multiple. The drop down box at the top of the screen will allow you to select through the accounts.

Thanks. Turns out I had to allow both Mail and Messaging apps to run in the background. Not sure why as these apps never had to run in the background in 8.1. So now on W10M I'm not having any missed mail or text notifications. But I do not yet have the newest .29 build.

Desktop however, my Mail app never syncs on it's own after initial boot up. I've checked all the settings related to Mail, syncing, & notifications. Mail initially syncs on it's own when my PC 1st boots up and then almost never after that. I have it set to sync hourly. I've checked all the sync settings, Privacy Mail and Calendar settings, etc. Not sure where else to look. I've even unpinned/repinned the live tile. Might be time for a clean install of W10! :unhappy:

Deth_CrimsonX

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
One of the first issues I ran into is a cracked screen while the phone was in my front pocket. Just got the phone on Monday and four days in got this issue. Pants aren't tight loose fit jeans, all I did was crouch and lifted my car hood. Since my phone is an international one I have to send it to palcotech for a repair. Has anyone heard of this? I know the phone is very thin and maybe that caused it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toysforkids