Lumia Denim Update Causes Problems

arnuld

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi There, am in Hyderabad (INDIA) and I just updated my Lumia 520 from Cyan to Denim and here are the glitches:

1. Whenever I am using an app (e.g photos, whatsapp, SMS etc.) phone somehow keeps on automatically taking me back to to home screen. It happens most of the time.
  2. Whenever I am on live call and numpad is visible then phone keeps on dialing numbers automatically. e.g. when I am calling some call center then I have to keep numpad visible to enter numbers for IVR (press 1 for English and 2 for Hindi etc). After Denim update phone automatically keeps on pressing numbers and I am not even touching the screen.
  3. Phone has slowed down, I mean speed of doing everything has reduced to exactly half.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried resetting your phone after updating ??

I know its not a great solution, but its something that just seems to work everytime, for any problems with the phone.

arnuld

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Torcher Death: yes, I did reset 2 times in 2 days in settings -> about -> "reset your phone" and after the reset it goes back to Cyan, hence I have to update it again to Denim and I get same problems all over again.

AV2RY: is that soft reset different from above ?

Last edited:

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Torcher Death: yes, I did reset 2 times in 2 days in settings -> about -> "reset your phone" and after the reset it goes back to Cyan, hence I have to update it again to Denim and I get same problems all over again.

AV2RY: is that soft reset different from above ?

What you did is called hard reset (reset your phone), which is basically a factory reset, while the soft reset (power + volume down) is the equivalent of removing battery & putting it back.
Soft reset your phone & just open all your apps atleast once... Should improve battery life a bit, as for the lag, I started getting it as well about 2 weeks ago, no idea how or why.

arnuld

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
After Soft-Reset, problem numbers (1) and (2) are resolved but (3) still remains. May be it's not a bug but a feature :crying:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually Cyan + Latest OS version from PfD (a.k.a Denim) has improved my 520's performance considerably. I did perform a flash to Cyan, installed PfD and updated OS all the way to latest and then hard reset again to start fresh. What I am guessing is the update might not have gone through as expected for you. Try reflashing if you're comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(9226130)

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm loved Windows Phone before, but now I HATE IT. [Denim problem]

I bought my Lumia 520 8 months ago I loved the OS. Good design, features, etc. But now I hate it. The Lumia Denim is full of bugs, sometimes lagging, when I playing with games when Wi-Fi is on all of the games are lagging. The Store can't install some apps and can't install .xap-s from SD card and the live tiles are updates every 2-3 hours but the normal time is 30 minutes. The battery is sh*t, it needs to charge every day and etc, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo