Lumias are on sale again in the Microsoft Store?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Quick question for you since I just bought one of the Microsoft Idols. Did they do something with the firmware that T-Mobile hasn't to improve the camera? It's actually kinda good compared to the TMO version.

Take a pic with I4Swin and put it on desktop. Right click on it and select properties > details >scroll on down and look to see if you have these values:

133514d1485233412-capture01.png

This is what the T-Mo version of I4Swin shows in exif. It led me to believe there was zero firmware and Alcatel simply let the Qualcom system on a chip control the camera. That's what gave it that "budget" look to the photos, no real interpolating layer.

Curious to see what the exif on the "Microsoft" version yields.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Take a pic with I4Swin and put it on desktop. Right click on it and select properties > details >scroll on down and look to see if you have these values:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/attachments/alcatel-idol-4s/133514d1485233412-capture01.png

This is what the T-Mo version of I4Swin shows in exif. It led me to believe there was zero firmware and Alcatel simply let the Qualcom system on a chip control the camera. That's what gave it that "budget" look to the photos, no real interpolating layer.

From my understanding they packaged an initial set of packages for the qcom camera driver and services. And that is all we ever got... I'm not certain though if the package versions differ in the t-mobile variant as opposed to the open market model, but it would not be hard to check the ffu files.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

https://forums.windowscentral.com/attachments/alcatel-idol-4s/133514d1485233412-capture01.png

wp_ss_20180317_0003.jpg
This my firmware screen shot. As shown below my camera is Alcatel.
WP_20180317_19_13_20_Pro.jpg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just took a random picture and the device is listed as an Alcatel Idol 4S, not a QCCAM. There is an improvement, no question.

jZPEIv9.jpg

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124