Mails from my GMail account has stopped getting forwarded to my Lumia 920

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I understand Google has plans to stop activesync. But has it already begun?

Somehow my mails from my gmail account has stopped coming to my Lumia 920 since past few days. Is it coz Google has stopped supporting active sync? Or is there any other solution. Please help.

Magnus Peders1

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Someone else had this problem recently, try deleting account and add it again..

Settings>email+accounts and then tap and hold to delete account if you didn't already know.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Active Sync google support hasn't been dropped yet and it wouldn't affect users that already have the sync set-up. You can also open an outlook account and just sync your gmail account and calendar with outlook.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Someone else had this problem recently, try deleting account and add it again..

Settings>email+accounts and then tap and hold to delete account if you didn't already know.

No, don't delete the account!

If you delete the account you won't be able to use EAS to set it up again. The change Google made doesn't affect existing accounts.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been noticing some weird behaviour lately where sometimes some of my google calendars are gone. Like from one calendar, there are no more entries in the calendar app. The google calendar exists, but no entries. I look a couple hours later and they're back.

But otherwise, mails have been flowing ok still.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
No, don't delete the account!

If you delete the account you won't be able to use EAS to set it up again. The change Google made doesn't affect existing accounts.

I might be wrong, but I think Google extended support until June, so you can still set it up

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Just setup your gmail to automatically forward all emails to your MS account and you have the option of Gmail deleting them as soon as they're forwarded so you'll never have to check your gmail again. Works great and that way, your not relying on active exchange.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me. My email wasn't coming through - when it did, it too forever! I deleted the email account and added it again which has fixed it.

I've tried setting up a Live account and have my gmail forwarded but it was too delayed for it to be advantageous for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo