Manually sync podcast subscription?

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

So, on WP7, you could manually transfer a podcast subscription to your device via Zune desktop for those podcasts that are not in the marketplace. Specifically, the iMore Show is not in the marketplace...

I just got my Lumia 920 and I have no idea how to get this podcast subscription on it. The Windows Phone 8 desktop/metro apps do not have an option for this and there's no way to add via URL on the phone. Am I just out of luck? Thanks in advance!

Takao Yamada

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I also have the Lumia 920. Go to the Windows Store on your phone and you can look up podcasts from there. You can subscribe from the store. The issue I ran into is that you cannot sync with your Zune desktop software, therefore, anything you already listened to is "unplayed" on your phone. I had to mark every item manually as already played. I wish there was an easier way.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys,

So, on WP7, you could manually transfer a podcast subscription to your device via Zune desktop for those podcasts that are not in the marketplace. Specifically, the iMore Show is not in the marketplace...

I just got my Lumia 920 and I have no idea how to get this podcast subscription on it. The Windows Phone 8 desktop/metro apps do not have an option for this and there's no way to add via URL on the phone. Am I just out of luck? Thanks in advance!

The desktop app will only sync podcasts from iTunes, that's what I've resorted to doing. We've tried in other threads to figure out how the sync process works to manually transfer files, but were unable to fully reverse engineer it.

As far as I can tell it's not really a "sync" though, so much as it is just "let me copy this file to your phone". If you're looking to have your position in the file synced up between both computer and phone, I haven't had great luck with that.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
The desktop app will only sync podcasts from iTunes, that's what I've resorted to doing. We've tried in other threads to figure out how the sync process works to manually transfer files, but were unable to fully reverse engineer it.

As far as I can tell it's not really a "sync" though, so much as it is just "let me copy this file to your phone". If you're looking to have your position in the file synced up between both computer and phone, I haven't had great luck with that.

Yeah...I really hope this gets sorted out fast!

I also have the Lumia 920. Go to the Windows Store on your phone and you can look up podcasts from there. You can subscribe from the store. The issue I ran into is that you cannot sync with your Zune desktop software, therefore, anything you already listened to is "unplayed" on your phone. I had to mark every item manually as already played. I wish there was an easier way.

The issue for me is that I listen to a few podcasts that simply are not available in the store. Thus, I'd need to manually add them via RSS...which could be done in Zune for WP7 but I can't seem to do in any desktop app w/WP8:(

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
The issue for me is that I listen to a few podcasts that simply are not available in the store. Thus, I'd need to manually add them via RSS...which could be done in Zune for WP7 but I can't seem to do in any desktop app w/WP8:(

Just following up on this older thread since I'm wondering if there's still no way in WP8 Xbox Music to manually add podcast feeds for podcasts that aren't in the Xbox store? I read WPC's recent news article about Xbox Music updates, but I don't recall any mention of manual podcast feeds. I'm hoping I've missed something since I listen to several podcasts which aren't in the store but which offer a URL/Libsyn download access option.

Related to that, am I also right in thinking the Xbox Music desktop app also has no way of managing podcasts? Based on other WPC threads I've read about this issue, I was hoping I could maybe download the podcasts to my desktop and sync to my 928 but it's seeming like the only way to bring any podcasts to my desktop is through a 3rd party app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes