Me Live Tile Not Updating Profile Photo

Jason Allison

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey all. Noticed something today. My "ME" live tile is not updating the profile photo from Facebook any longer. I rebooted, nothing. I changed my profile photo from within the phone, to Outlook & Facebook, still no change. I finally deleted the Facebook account from the handset, rebooted, and added the account again, and no luck. The image went back to the last photo the tile had associated with it, which is about two profile photos old, in terms of Facebook profile photos.

Any known issues regarding this? I'd appreciate any help. It's not a huge deal, but it's irritating. I'm running Amber on a Nokia Lumia 1020 in the United States on AT&T.

Thanks.

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Go to your facebook profile pictures on your computer and delete that picture which shows up as your ME tile picture. This worked for me and I hope it does for you too!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough, I noticed just around an hour or less ago that my Me tile photo reverted back to my original one. I changed it around a month ago after a little bit of troubleshooting and then it finally showed the new pic I chose, but tonight, somehow, it's gone and back to my last one. The new pic is still showing on my Facebook, though. I wonder if this is at all related to the glitch that's causing problems when trying to log into Facebook to play games lately. *shrug*

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I also have the same problem. Tried the procedure by constantinosmi, but still did not change. :(
Try changing your ME tile picture from your phone and have it only been uploaded to facebook (untick hotmail). Then try removing the previous profile picture from your facebook account on your computer.

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem too, but its not just "ME" Tile. its almost everyone in my people hub is not updated. I also noticed that my friends Tile last update was 1 week ago and i tried everythin but still now no hopes. i was just able to change my FB profile picture back....anyone else having an issue with people hub not updating?

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Guys did you guys also notice that the Facebook contacts don't get there latest profile pictures in the People hub. i have contacts that have a profile picture shown prior to GDR2.

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
i think we all have this issue and i feel its because of the GDR2 update....lets hope it will be fixed soon or in the GDR3 update... come on MS u should really work hard

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
yeah, me too, also guess what the guys at @winphonesupport suggest me to do: factory reset it. I was like everybody is complaining bout it and you want me to do a factory reset.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm absolutely not doing a factory reset. On Facebook itself and even on the Facebook Beta app, my current picture is still showing. Very odd.

Winger67

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I reset my phone trying to fix the Smart DJ/music/files issue. I was having the Me update problem too. I changed my FB profile pic from FB and it did change on my phone. I wouldn't have reset my phone just for that but I was having many other issues.

Mandymoo11

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have also noticed that since my data reset on the 2nd of the month, that my 'People' hub has been using data, and I'm on wifi most of the time! So far it has used 18 mb of cellular data and 88mb on wifi. This leads me to believe that the People hub is trolling all the time to update, but I can't understand what it is trying to find. Is it constantly looking for facebook updates, since I have my facebook account tied to it? I can't find anyway to tell it to stop. I also have the Me tile photo problem like everyone else here. Any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte