Messaging and People apps mixing up contacts

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody!

So, I've been experincing a really weird problem lately on my Lumia 950...

I have two particular contacts in my phonebook, who are related and share the same last name. They also have the same phone number,with the exception of a single different digit. One is on facebook, so her contact info comes from both facebook and an Exchange contact. The two profiles are linked on my phone. He is not on facebook and therefore his contact info comes only from Exchange. I've checked that none of the two persons are linked with the other.

Here coms the weird part: When I enter his phone number manually as the recipient of a new text messages, it brings up her name and number. If I send the text, it is delivered to his phone, but shows up in my text history with her. If I go each of the contacts in the People app, and view the history for his contact, the messages show up correctly. But if I go to hers, it shows messages send to and from both his and her numbers. This makes it practically impossible to keep track of who I send and received texts to and from, for those two.

I've tried to delete and re-add both contacts from my Exchange contacts, as well as delete my message history for both. The problem remains.

Has anybody else experienced this? And even better, found a solution to it? It's VERY annoying!

Thanks in advance!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody!

So, I've been experincing a really weird problem lately on my Lumia 950...

I have two particular contacts in my phonebook, who are related and share the same last name. They also have the same phone number,with the exception of a single different digit. One is on facebook, so her contact info comes from both facebook and an Exchange contact. The two profiles are linked on my phone. He is not on facebook and therefore his contact info comes only from Exchange. I've checked that none of the two persons are linked with the other.

Here coms the weird part: When I enter his phone number manually as the recipient of a new text messages, it brings up her name and number. If I send the text, it is delivered to his phone, but shows up in my text history with her. If I go each of the contacts in the People app, and view the history for his contact, the messages show up correctly. But if I go to hers, it shows messages send to and from both his and her numbers. This makes it practically impossible to keep track of who I send and received texts to and from, for those two.

I've tried to delete and re-add both contacts from my Exchange contacts, as well as delete my message history for both. The problem remains.

Has anybody else experienced this? And even better, found a solution to it? It's VERY annoying!

Thanks in advance!

Try opening one of they profiles in Contacts and in Linked section, tap on Unconnect for separate them to 2 different entries.
Then check and edit manually if necessary each one (name and number)

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answer!

Only one of the two contacts have linked accounts, I tried unlinking them and checking the phone numbers for all accounts. The phone numbers appear correct for both contacts, but the problem persists.

This makes no sense! :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the answer!

Only one of the two contacts have linked accounts, I tried unlinking them and checking the phone numbers for all accounts. The phone numbers appear correct for both contacts, but the problem persists.

This makes no sense! :)

Try editing one number and inserting spaces (eg. +01 001 00 11 00)
That' seeming a fresh new bug, report to feedback

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
It actually appears that inserting the Spaces have, at last somewhat, fixed the problem. I can now send texts to the right contact without problems, though the message history is still a bit messed up.

I reported the bug as well. Thaks a lot for your help! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos