Messaging App is driving me crazy!!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The Messaging App is acting strange, two things happen.

1. When I send a text message and receive a response back - the response gets split into another thread instead of keeping it in the same thread. So for example, say I messaged Jennifer... and then received a response from her. Instead of keeping her response in the one long thread I've maintained on my phone - I now have two. One with everything up until the message I just sent...and the other thread with her latest response. This hasn't happened to just one person on my phone...but now it's happening frequently! I believe this happened once on win 8.1.... but since on win 10 this has been very slowly happening more and more often. Lately - it's been happening WAY too often. Now my messages are getting scattered and it's driving me NUTS!

2. A message disappears. I only noticed this because I was searching for a conversation I had with my friend recently. I remember something she said in our text and when I searched for it I couldn't find it. I found my response to her text....but the actually text response she sent me ... that completely disappeared. But I remember seeing her response distinctly. But now...it's gone.

grrr....!!

Help!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is message backup on? If yes, what syncing period has been set up? I'm thinking her message went missing because it was a long time ago

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077