Microsoft Band second gen

nicholasanford

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!

Any rumors/guesses about when we can expect a second gen? Trying to decide if I just go ahead and get one now or wait till the next gen. It felt like this one had such a soft launch that I questioned if it was just to put some feelers out there and get feedback on it before hitting the market hard with an upgrade. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the advice!

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't think there have been any reports about what the second gen will be. MS may wait to see the iWatch release before deciding where to go with the Band 2.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

Any rumors/guesses about when we can expect a second gen? Trying to decide if I just go ahead and get one now or wait till the next gen. It felt like this one had such a soft launch that I questioned if it was just to put some feelers out there and get feedback on it before hitting the market hard with an upgrade. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the advice!

Ditto. I don't even know if there will be a Band 2 because the original Band was just meant as a demonstration device for the Health platform!!!

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Considering 1.0 is less than 5 months old - I think it's a ways off. MS has to know if they introduce something before the 13 month service plan has expired, they'll replacing a lot of Bands that met with an unfortunate dish-washing accident.

I've previously predicted a V1.5 - same electronics is a little better packaging by putting a curve on the display part just each side of the LCD. So far, no sign of that either.

Senrir

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Looking at the surface line. The refresh happens every 8 months. Expect new band in 3 months possibly with the windows 10 release along with the surface refresh and flagship Lumia release.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Ditto. I don't even know if there will be a Band 2 because the original Band was just meant as a demonstration device for the Health platform!!!

Exactly. But if the demand is high for the original they may change their mind and decide to continue developing the platform. I suspect that for now they're working on updates to the software from devs and firmware updates for performance.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Looking at the surface line. The refresh happens every 8 months. Expect new band in 3 months possibly with the windows 10 release along with the surface refresh and flagship Lumia release.

I'm frantically cutting costs on all of my services to save for that glorious day! Already saved $70/month on various things :D (Pi Day Xbox music deal helped a lot)

Senrir

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm frantically cutting costs on all of my services to save for that glorious day! Already saved $70/month on various things :D (Pi Day Xbox music deal helped a lot)

Same here lol. 3 high end devices all at the same time. Will be worth the wait and the savings though :).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb