Microsoft Battery Covers v Off-Brand Battery Covers

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a few colorful off-brand battery covers to spice up my black 950XL, and noticed that the "wireless charging "wiring" on the inside of the off-brand covers looks vastly different when compared to the inside of the Microsoft covers. Aside from being obviously cheaply made, the contacts found in the off-brand covers are a solid piece of metallic foil, as opposed to the two separated, raised copper points of contact in the Microsoft covers. To my untrained in the field of electronics eyes, the off-brand contact strip appears to complete the circuit of the contact points of the phone right there on the strip. My questions are: By using these off-brand cases, could this cause any type of damage to my phone or excessive battery drain??? Can I safely remove these fake wireless charging pads? Should I even be concerned?

Thanks for the help. :)

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
a6b38b47dbb757efbeb5af850df1985b.jpg

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Problem is that you may not have a choice. I can't seem to find an actual OEM MS genuine back cover anywhere. They're all knockoffs from china. I've bought two of them and both of them have some bulge in the back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs