Microsoft hidden apps

shohu

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Our programmers are having problems: app store hidden from unknown reasons.

Problem
The app is accessible with the Store link
But if you try to search for it, e.g. Announcements for Windows, the app is not listed.

In the Dashboard, the submission is configured like this: Distribution Your app can be found by customers browsing or searching the Store.

Workaround
Two month ago Microsoft answered to this problem:
I reviewed your account and show that the app is published correctly. I see that your apps can still be accessed through deep link and current users of the app will still be able to receive updates. We understand your concerns about your app experience with the search results. Your app is published and can be found here. We recommend that you share this deeplink via social media or your website for promoting your app to the public.

Solution
Has anybody solved this issue? Microsoft seems not to be willing to resolve this problem.

See: social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/2bf378ae-6613-4022-be9f-223c87ce4120/windows-10-store-app-visibility-bug?forum=wpsubmit

MetronomeStudio

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I personally get this quite frequently. Try these:

1. Use another device. On this other device make sure it's US/the region you posted your app on.
2. Wait it for another day. It's a quirk to the search in the store sometimes.
3. Use tags when you are filling out descriptions.

Tell me if you have it fixed.

carraig

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I've the same issue, but I think it is working as Microsoft intended.
As far as I know, shortly after the release of Windows 10, they introduced a new fancy algorithm that curates the search results to remove all the apps that are perceived substandard (or something like that).

I suppose it was a necessary move, considering the state of the Win 8 store, but it is still very demotivating when apps disappears as "collateral damage".

Last edited:

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The same thing is happening, to me.
I have 8 apps (between Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, and Windows 10).
On searching for "Joshua Jackson" (my publisher name), on microsoft.com gives 2 Apps And Games results.
The odd thing is that the app with the most downloads (by far) isn't one of the results.
Searching for "Daily Bible Reading" (the name of said app) doesn't show the app in the results.
JJ

mbrdev

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
As suggested above, the new algorithm for search does hide a lot of apps. The best way to get around this is to integrate desired features, if you add Cortana integration for instance, it will help the algorithm flag your app as a quality app and will show up in more searches. If Cortana doesn't make sense for your app, make sure you have a Live Tile this is another feature Microsoft wants to push and apps that have it will be promoted more than apps that don't.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly enough, all my apps have live tiles.
To make matters even worse, when you click on my developer name, it doesn't show all my apps.
Maybe I could understand search algorithms, but certainly not developer page algorithms.
Another oddity is that a couple of my apps will show up in the search drop-down (as you're typing), but not the results.
JJ

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Link to Windows Store https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...bitcoin-tracker%2F9wzdncrdkpjk&token=hVDr5Xuc

apps.38267.9007199266533946.6c74217f-200a-4356-89e0-c3e66ac71958.6ba1ab41-5632-49d2-ac5d-fccaea5bc3ab

apps.56931.9007199266533946.a66e2ca5-84d0-425a-8766-b8631abad577.84f4e99e-46b6-4348-98b2-9f836be4022e

One of my app 'Bitbot', related to cryptocurrency market [Bitcoin, Litecoin, altcoin] is missing too. I've tried searching for it on Windows 10 Mobile and Windows Phone 8.

Seriously, it've always been a losing business supporting that in fact more than $100 / month on 2 VPS, mobile service, & database.
I'm only doing so out of interest and my love for the platform. Despite barely scraping 30 downloads per day, not even enough to recover 10% of the cost.
Does this even look like a crap app to you??

I've tried contacting support, and what I got was that 'they are improving the store' and failed to give me a good explanation on why it is completely missing. Even MSDN is full of complains like that and they're totally ignoring it.

I'm giving up, can you imagine 10 of your apps missing just like this and downloads crashing to 0 from 4000 / day? I'm focusing on iOS development now..
So much for being with the platform since Windows Phone 7 launch, and I've been refusing to write for iOS and Android.

Last edited:

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
my-keyword-searches-dont-work-anymore-for-my-app-other-than-the-main-title-are-you-having-problems?forum=wpsubmit
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...-title-are-you-having-problems?forum=wpsubmit

my-app-cannot-be-found-in-the-store?forum=wpsubmit
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...p-cannot-be-found-in-the-store?forum=wpsubmit

app-disappeared-from-store?forum=wpsubmit
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...1c6/app-disappeared-from-store?forum=wpsubmit

win-10-store-app-download-failing-yet-is-visibly-installed-on-device-and-crashing?forum=wpsubmit
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...stalled-on-device-and-crashing?forum=wpsubmit

windows-app-store-doesnt-find-app-by-its-keywords?forum=windowsstore
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...t-find-app-by-its-keywords?forum=windowsstore

cant-find-our-game-in-store-search-windows-phone-8?forum=wpsubmit
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...n-store-search-windows-phone-8?forum=wpsubmit

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
There's NO way I am going to republish this app to make it 'appearing' again... given that some customers have already paid for the services.
If its not going to appear on the store search, sorry. I will no longer be supporting it further.

Just a quick search of 'bitcoin' and you get a plethora of useless bitcoin related information app. Those are the more 'quality' app that the store suggests?

DqRoq0D.png

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I also get same problem.
I search app name "fast for facebook pro" app having blue fb logo.
Cant find directly in store.
Before month I shared app link in twitter from their i get this app
Huge problem Microsoft.

Eng Soon Cheah

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I think Microsoft is clear the Spam app from the store. The un-Quality app will shown in the store 3 - 5 days, then after that it will take down from the store but you can get your app URL from your dev center.

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm tired of this now, seriously.... after days of trying to contact support, MSDN and was ignored.
I've since unpublished bitbot. I guess I should be moving on to iOS now...

Last edited:

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
https://blogs.windows.com/buildinga...more-visibility-six-recommendations-for-2016/

We are aware of several bugs impacting the Store that result in some apps not showing up in the Store search; we are working quickly to resolve these issues. If you follow the recommendations in this blog post, and your apps still can’t be found in the Store search, please let us know. The last section of this post describes the steps and information needed to make sure we can identify the root cause of the issues.

This may be worth a read...
JJ

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
BTW...
Over the last few weeks, things have been improving.
A search for "Joshua Jackson" will yield all five of my Windows 10 apps.
It still doesn't show any of my Windows (Phone) 8.x apps (which it should).
JJ

chilero

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So I have been having this issue for about a month and half with no luck, until yesterday. My app "SpanishTown" was listed in Education>Languages. The app couldn't be found at all except through a direct link or by searching "SpanishTown". None of the keywords worked.

Browsing the store I noticed that Education>Languages doesn't exist at all for me. Why do they offer a subcategory and then don't actually display the subcategory? Anyway I switched the category to the parent Education with no subcategory and then it magically appeared today. It is also showing now with the keyword searches as well.

Did that do the trick or did Microsoft finally correct the mistake? I don't know, but if you are having the problem then this is one more thing to look at.

ferdiansyah703

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello.

I have that same problem too... My App (MFtv Indonesia) cannot searched in the store. But I was typing the Keyword "MFtv" but it showing weird app "Gay News..."

Microsoft seems not fixing this problem at all...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toysforkids