Microsoft is making Windows 11 a little bit worse for touch users — I hope they change this

Jeffery L

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried disabling Windows Copilot via Local Group Policy Editor > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Copilot > Turn off Windows Copilot set to "Enabled"? I would hope that would return the notification gesture. Good to hear you use Windows in tablet mode. I think Microsoft should fight a little harder for Windows tablet to grow in usage. There needs to be more devices like the Surface Go (e.g. small and light).

Reactions: TheIzzz

TheIzzz

Sep 13, 2019
Visit site
Have you tried disabling Windows Copilot via Local Group Policy Editor > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Copilot > Turn off Windows Copilot set to "Enabled"? I would hope that would return the notification gesture. Good to hear you use Windows in tablet mode. I think Microsoft should fight a little harder for Windows tablet to grow in usage. There needs to be more devices like the Surface Go (e.g. small and light).
thank you this worked (after a reboot). I was wondering how to fix the swipe from right gesture since I have no reason to use Copilot. disabling it in the Settings only removed it from the taskbar. WC needs to update the article with your tip.

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Annoying yes but most users ignore the Notificaiton panel on Desktop operating systems like Windows and MacOS anyway.

I tend to only look at it to clear it out. It's nowhere near as useful as it is on a phone.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

tom bae 2023

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Annoying yes but most users ignore the Notificaiton panel on Desktop operating systems like Windows and MacOS anyway.

I tend to only look at it to clear it out. It's nowhere near as useful as it is on a phone.
What are you talking about? Many Windows PC is the 2 in 1 and the convertible, so that touch screen UI and touch gesture is very important!

tom bae 2023

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site

bazanime

Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
What are you talking about? Many Windows PC is the 2 in 1 and the convertible, so that touch screen UI and touch gesture is very important!
It's true that most non power users barely check notifications and yiu find that they just let things pile up until the system forces whatever update is pending.
By leveraging that gesture, MS are hoping these user stumble upon Copilot and become curious about it. It's a more interactive tool/toy that just a list of notifications.

Maybe MS can implement a single swipe for notifications, and a deeper continuous swipe to reveal the copilot, or vice versa.

Reactions: bradavon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babra4151