Minecraft Anyone?

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Well that depends on how many players you allow to be online at the same time. You can get a server at as low as $2 a month for about 4-8 players while running a 100 player server can set you back around $50. Also for low price packages you may not get a dedicated IP address, a free web site and access to a SQL database for use with plugins on modded Minecraft servers.

So to get like a FTB minecraft (mod pack) server for like me and a few of my mates could cost under ?10 a month

Last edited:

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
OK there seems to be a problem with the restoration of the Survival world on the new server. I found that areas that were previously built were randomly regenerated with new chunks. It was fine one minute but then it disappeared when I logged back in. Going through certain portal created a new chunk in the netherworld instead. I'm going to manually restore the world again so meanwhile the Survival server will be offline again. Sorry :(

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
OK both servers are now online! However I had to re-create the creative world as I had mixed up my servers and restored the survival world on the creative server. I totally blame FileZilla for not saving my changes when I rename the servers and connecting without closing the dialog. If you have built anything on the creative server in the 2 days it was on, sorry to say its gone. This is one mistake I'll make sure won't happen again. By the way, you can now connect to my servers without remembering the IP addresses. You can now use the following domain names.

beemoncreative.mymc.io
beemonsurvival.mymc.io

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, just posting some screenshots of a new shelter 17,000+ blocks away from spawn that I have just completed. It is carved out from a natural cave opening near a ravine with an abandoned mineshaft so the location is perfect for gathering resources. Travel as usual will be quicker by 8 times through the portal but 2K+ blocks is still a long way to travel back to spawn and the 1st shelter. I have started to build a rail system but it'll be some time before its ready. On the left side is the shelter and on the right is a passage to a ranch house.

Shelter1.jpg

As you can see from the following screenshots the shelter is quite cozy with inbuilt farm and all the required stuff for cooking, smelting, enchanting, brewing and smith work. There are skylights so you can easily see whether it's day or night before venturing out from the shelter.

Shelter2.jpgShelter3.jpgShelter4.jpgShelter5.jpgShelter6.jpg

If you wish to go to the ranch house you can take the passage on the right from the portal room. Follow the passage and there will be a ladder to take you to the basement of the house. The ranch house was suppose to be the shelter but it was too far away from the portal so even though it is completed, it's not being used. Feel free to move in and make it your own. Besides the basement, there are two floors plus the attic. The sleeping quarters are on the second floor with balconies that provide a great view of the grassland and swamp area around the ranch where many beautiful horses roam.

RanchHouse1.jpgRanchHouse3.jpgRanchHouse4.jpgRanchHouse5.jpgRanchHouse6.jpgRanchHouse7.jpgRanchHouse8.jpgRanchHouse9.jpg

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Not half a day yet since the creative world is on and we already have a fun attraction!
Thanks bighotdogtime!

Creative1.jpg

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Just completed a stable for the ranch house with black, white, and black-white mix horses available. Feel free to pick one up if you're there.

Stable.jpg

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi fellow minecrafters! I hereby reserve this area and its surrounding for 100 blocks in the Creative world for secret project 'G'. I suggest you do not venture into this area as to not spoil the surprise. Play mode: Adventure. Estimated completion time : 3-4 weeks.

Project_G.jpg

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, sorry for no updates in quite a while. Been very busy building project 'G'.
It's going to be huge when it's completed; hundreds of tunnels, corridors and rooms.
Here's some screenshots of some sections of the map which are still far from completion.

Concourse.jpgOverhang.jpgExterior.jpg

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! I just got a new bukkit server for playing adventure maps and as a development server for testing and making mods.
No mods have been installed yet so feel free to suggest what mods that you wish to check out on the new server.
Only server mods please and no mods that require a modified Minecraft client. Thanks!
Bye-bye for now and have fun!

index.php

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Neat thanks, I just got minecraft but have absolutely no clue what to do.

Feel free to post any questions here. We were all noobs too once upon a time :)
If you don't mind reading here's the complete tutorial Tutorials - Minecraft Wiki
Me and the guys can guide you online if you join our multiplayer server.
It's easier to survive on our Survival server since we already have a shelter, food and tools
On our Creative server, there are no monsters so it's much easier there to learn the game mechanics.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Vechs Super Hostile 14 - Waking Up is now live and playing on the Adventure Server (beemonadventure.mymc.io) !
Super Hostile Standard Rules:
1) Find and complete the Victory Monument.
2) Find wool in chests (Fleecy Boxes) or on special boss enemies (Fleecy Mobs) scattered around the map, do NOT use dyes or spider string for wools!
3) You may craft the Iron, Gold, and Diamond blocks.
4) Use at least Easy difficulty, and never Peaceful. (I balance around Normal.)
5) Do not leave the boundaries of the map and go into normally generated Minecraft terrain.
6) Survive in any way you can think of. (Yes, you can mine, craft, and place blocks.)
7) You may use spider string wool and sheep wool to craft beds and other items, but not for the Victory Monument.
8) You may not pick up, craft, or move Ender Chests.

You can come in and play anytime, alone or with others.
Since not everyone may be playing this at the same time,
we need to have at least a basic plan, goals and strategy.
Progress reporting here is essential.

1st Goal: Secure the spawn area

- Build a small shelter in the spawn area using cobblestone
- Silverfish is everywhere so be careful when mining
- Move chests and all items found into the shelter
- Minimize wood usage until we are able to get dirt blocks and saplings
- Before you leave, make sure you drop all your inventory in the chests

Okay here I go, wish me luck!

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
"Waking Up" Adventure Map Progress Report

Shelter.jpg

1st Goal completed! Passage to adjoining caverns lighted.

New Goal: Locate Resources in Adjoining Caverns

- Primary resource is wood, dirt block and tree saplings
- Climb and gather more glowstones from higher up in the span area
- Light dark areas in the caverns with the glowstones to reduce mob spawning

UPDATE:
- Scavenged 50+ glowstones from spawn area
- Semi-lighted adjoining cavern (need more - creepers spawning)
- Found Chapter 1/20 of Waking Up

Last edited:

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
"Waking Up" Adventure Map Progress Report

2nd Goal completed with help from bigbogtime! We now have dirt and saplings so wood is no longer a problem!
We've also managed to got two wools for the Victory Monument and reach our 1st intersection!
Below is some screenshots of the game.

2ndGoal.jpg

"Trees Trees Trees!"

Caverns.jpg

"Caverns of death!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire