Missing Hey Cortana

Whisker

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue and the only solution I found was to restore all the way back to 8.1 with the recovery tool, enable Hey Cortana, then do the upgrades. It was the only thing that worked for me after trying many other things. Have fun!

mrsmac717

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. I have the same issue. Language, speech and region all set to United States. I even tried a switch to English U.K. and then a switch back which did not work either. I used Hey Cortana on 8.1 on a regular basis. I have done a hard reset. Hey Cortana does not show up under Extras and a phone search returns nothing. I might try another hard reset or just wait and see what anniversary update brings. Hope it works, I really miss it.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine shows the option under Settings but it says Cortana needs to be turned on (it's been on, use it every day) and it shows a link to Cortana settings but when I go there I can't find a On/off setting at all.

Kyle J

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I finally got around to doing a hard reset and it worked in the sense that I can see the hey Cortana setting, but it says I must enable/turn on Cortana first. Unfortunately, Cortana is already on. Any ideas? 🙂

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire