Mouse pointer when pressed home or back buttons

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
part of continuum code. will go in the next build.

Wrong. It's probably part of the fact the W10 Mobile now supports paired mice over Bluetooth in this build (I did pair it with my Arc Mouse and it used the same pointer). Continuum for phones is still a work in progress, and does require new hardware.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Wrong. It's probably part of the fact the W10 Mobile now supports paired mice over Bluetooth in this build (I did pair it with my Arc Mouse and it used the same pointer). Continuum for phones is still a work in progress, and does require new hardware.

Yes continuum needs new hardware but not new OS and the codes. They are same across all the w10 mobiles. Every w10mobiles will have continuum feature hardwired into the os but it won't work unless the phone has adequate hardware. So the mouse pointer that is there is part of continuum code. and probably due to some bug it is visible even without paring a mouse.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I think you're getting Continuum confused with the general Windows core, that is common across Windows 10. HID interface support for mouses and such are included in this core, of which every Windows Phone will have running W10. Besides, from an optimisation point of view, why include several hundred lines of irrelevant code that can't even be tested by current users? There would be no point having Continuum coded in for the Insider Preview, because no Insiders can offer feedback on it.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Tip: If you connect a Bluetooth mouse to the phone, move the cursor all the way to the bottom where you can't see it, and then disconnect the mouse, it'll no longer appear when you press the home and back buttons. The cursor shows up in the last known position before the mouse is disconnected, so just hide it and it will no longer appear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss