Moved from 830 to iPhone SE

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm really getting used to and liking the SE. Great little phone with tons of features and great battery life. No complaints here.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I definitely am getting used to it. It seemed really small at first, which I liked, but I found myself fumbling to type. I have gotten used to it now, and I am enjoying it. Still trying to find the right apps to replace my W10M apps. Having so many apps can actually be a bad thing, there are almost too many options.

Does anyone know of a twitter app that has a badge notification for unread tweets in your timeline? I don't need notifications for likes or retweets or anything like that.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I definitely am getting used to it. It seemed really small at first, which I liked, but I found myself fumbling to type. I have gotten used to it now, and I am enjoying it.

You can try swipe-style predictive typing using MS Word Flow (if you are in the USA) or Touch Pal. It is much more accurate than trying to aim for each individual key in a small screen.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe how accurate typing actually is on such a tiny screen. The only problem I have is near the edges sometimes, but I type better than on my Idol 4s.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I too am impressed with the accuracy on the small screen. I just wish Apple would put a period on the normal keyboard (without having to switch to punctuation/symbols view).

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I did a double swap: rose gold 64 GB SE for my girlfriend in a clear Speck Presidio case (she had a L720) and a 128 GB iPhone 7 for myself selling my L830 for a good price.
The main reason was really the lack of apps available or not being updated. We do miss the tiles but other than that we both have no regrets.

lucaspedersoli

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, today I used a L920 to backup some files and I looked at that start screen and man... I love tiles... I wish some OEM made a nice good quality not oversized windows phone packed with good hw. Still, idk if ms is progressing with the os since I don't have anything to test it on. Still, no one other than apple is making good small phones...

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, today I used a L920 to backup some files and I looked at that start screen and man... I love tiles... I wish some OEM made a nice good quality not oversized windows phone packed with good hw. Still, idk if ms is progressing with the os since I don't have anything to test it on. Still, no one other than apple is making good small phones...

That is the unfortunate truth. I know @libra89 has found some smaller Android phones that she likes, but I think the SE is king of the small phones.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
That is the unfortunate truth. I know @libra89 has found some smaller Android phones that she likes, but I think the SE is king of the small phones.

Yeah, it is!

Not sure where Lucas is in the world, but my answer will vary on that. The Android I found that is pretty good is the Samsung Galaxy A3 2017. It's a nice mid-range small phone. With it though, it's very important to get the right model.

lucaspedersoli

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
mmh I don't like it's design, and camera is important for me. best contendant on smaller devices has always been sony, but they do weird things as using legacy APIs on top tier phones. For the camera for example, it could shot RAW (DNG) but Sony decided that nope, can not do... I'm thinking of 950xl now, what do u guys think ?

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Been using a SE i bought of ebay for $112 a couple months back. Incredible device at that price point. Voice to text does about 90% of my typing and it does it very well. Apple watch series one, ipad air, all good here. Along with windows 10 pc :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786