MS edge taking DAYS to set up sync, keeps opening blank new tab uncommanded on browser launch

xraiderv1

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
crossposting on imore and windows central

-------

iphones:
one 6s plus
one 8.

microsoft edge app version: 100.0.1185.43

os/app versioning is current for both devices.

-------

I'm about at my whits' end with this browser..at least once a day, I'll go to use it and instead of the last page I was on, there, practically shoved in my face, in spite of taking the nuclear option of a factory reset(for an unrelated issue), this app STILL does this.

its also been stuck syncing data to my microsoft account for DAYS now.

on BOTH of my Iphones.

I'm out of options for things I can do myself.

does anyone have any ideas how to fix these two problems, and or actually get actual support from the developer? kind of need a fix URGENTLY for this.

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Try to sign out and then sign in again.
Try to “Reset sync” to correct the issue.

In windows edge click on profile picture on the right

Click on manage profile setting

in the new tab click on sync tab

bottom the page click on reset sync

in this step in edge on your iPhone you should sign out

and click on reset in windows edge ( and your data would clean on Microsoft servers and just your data stays on your browser only)

after reset server will download your data from your browser again

now in iPhone you can sign in again.

I hope this helps...

xraiderv1

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
ok, thats done, part 1, sync issue solved.... but I wont know if this addressed part two of my problem...namely the uncommanded new tab on first browser launch of the day on my iphones...til tomorrow.

xraiderv1

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
and a new(possibly temporary?) problem with my pc microsoft edge...I'm getting the intermittent blue donut next to my mouse cursor. would this possibly be related to having reset the sync function?

xraiderv1

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
update: phones are syncing. now I've only got the fudging intermittent blue donut next to my mouse cursor to deal with. its only happening when ms-edge is up. help please.

xraiderv1

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
gave up on getting the phones to sync properly..they keep syncing, then refusing to do so, then going to 'setting up your sync', so I went and put adblock plus on safari and have both phones set up properly now.

still got the unusual edge activity, a ton of entries under disk dropdown on resource monitor, and the odd blue donut flicker next to my mouse arrow.

this unusual activity from edge only started after I reset sync.

though after following ms support(yes..they DO exist! I know right? shocked gasp anyone?) and resetting the browser, the frequency seems to have dropped off(as has the stutter flicker of the blue donut next to the mouse arrow).

edit: still getting the flicker from time to time.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel