MS: It's time to change course NOW on WP8 development

Status
Not open for further replies.

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
MS and Nokia will gain steam once Samsung effectively ditches Android in favor for their own OS ala Tizen. I do not see them making Tizen phones AND helping Android's share by making Android phones since they are the sole reason Android is where it is now.

aeschylus

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
MS and Nokia will gain steam once Samsung effectively ditches Android in favor for their own OS ala Tizen. I do not see them making Tizen phones AND helping Android's share by making Android phones since they are the sole reason Android is where it is now.

I keep hearing people make this argument but it makes no sense. Dropping a mature OS for something totally new would be suicide for the galaxy line. Do you think people would be comfortable with using a strange new OS that doesn't work with the apps they've already purchased?

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
No. Clearly they will be behind WP8 and BB10. However, they are making their own OS so I do not see them continuing Android. That makes no sense. They are the reason Androids on top. If they continue with Android after releasing their OS their effectively burying their own OS by producing the Galaxy line.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
there really shouldn't be any more threads about this. MS is just flat out not where they need to be concerning WP or Windows 8. It's not like they don't know that; the market tells them that for us. If you don't like the product then switch,or if you like it more than the others (iOS/Android/BB10) than just wait it out.
You could do what I am doing. I had a Trophy, it broke, so I said " F it, I am going to try Android." There a lot of things to like about Android and a lot of things to not like about it. Truth be told I am just waiting to see if MS gets their act together. If they do they can have my money. If they don't then it will be spent somewhere else.
I will say the only real beef I have with MS right now is that I have an XBOX but I do not play games anymore at all. So I cancelled my Gold subscription, but I hate that this machine basically becomes useless without a gold subscription. SOOOOO DUMB. I bought a chromecast because why the hell not.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If Microsoft were to listen to their "loyal user base" they'd wind up with a horrible, unusable mess of a phone OS....
What Microsoft needs to do is stay the course with their vision for Windows Phone and follow it through.
Agreed; I would just add that what they could also do is give the WP team more resources and more developers to accelerate the realization of their strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FegleyArnold