MS to HTC: HTC One M8 isn't good enough for Windows 10

calculon68

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
My M8 is on Insider Preview too, but it's been stuck at 10.0.10586.107 since February. Haven't had the phone a full year yet for cripes sake.

RickInFla

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
And now we see that yesterday's announcement of the HTC 10 makes NO mention of Windows 10! It was widely rumored that there would be both Android and Windows 10 versions of this new flagship, but absolutely no mention of Windows 10 in the reports of the announcement that I've been able to find...

And to add insult to injury, an HTC exec tweeted yesterday that Wi-Fi Calling would be available (with Android) on T-Mobile! (And yet I cannot bring an unlocked Lumia 650 to T-Mobile and do Wi-Fi Calling, despite Native Wi-Fi Calling being part of Windows 10.)

Well, that's okay; the $699 price of the HTC 10 is too steep for me anyway, despite all the good specs it has. I'd be satisfied with the Lumia 650 if I could have Wi-Fi Calling on T-Mobile in the USA...

hohomike

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Well, this just sucks. I've been patiently waiting for an upgrade from 10586.164 to a release that will restore the feature in Windows 8.1 that reads aloud incoming texts, which as a driver is the best feature of the phone. I read that the latest version finally fixed this, but now it's not available for the HTC One M8?
I too provided numerous feedback requests to MS, and can't help from feeling like I've gotten the bird from MS. Support like this will cost them market share. I was rooting for them, but now it looks like I'm going back to Android or, ugh, maybe Apple for the first time. Way to go guys.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't get past .164 until I started the process to step out of Windows Insider. Only had to tell it I wanted to leave (if memory serves) and then it told me a new preview was ready?! I'm now running .318 on my HTC One M8

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I went ahead and went back to 8.1 on my M8. There are things I miss on Win10 mobile but my phone is more stable now. Like I've stated on another thread and tweeted to HTC, I'll never buy another HTC device.

Sent from my Surface 3

HTCforever1

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I have been running win10 version 1511 for a week now. Yes the HTC one M8 will run win 10. After install only issues I had were the following. Battery drain increase. This was expected as everything was turned on so phone would sync to other devices all the time. Turned everything I do not need off and now getting 48 hours on batter. Second issue was slow to respond to end call. Did a reset and problem went away. Other that those two issues phone works like always. No problems searching web, text, getting emails, phone calls or streaming audio or video. So guess the bottom line is Microsoft is not being fully honest here. (my opinion). This has been by far the best phone I have ever used. I have an iphone for work. (worst operating system ever can not stand it) I have used android which I feel is better than the iphone. I will stay windows phone from now on. Easy to move data from phone to computer and visa versa. Microsoft HTC makes a great product you should rethink this BS about not supporting them. Why not use them along with Lumina phones. It would increase your market exposure which should increase profits.

HTCforever1

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I am running win10 on my HTC one m8. With that being said it is not HTC that is full of crap. It is Microsoft. I did the prerelease and phone runs win10 with no problems.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I am running win10 on my HTC one m8. With that being said it is not HTC that is full of crap. It is Microsoft. I did the prerelease and phone runs win10 with no problems.

Your name does not suggest you might be some what bias. Lol

I am one my 2nd (and last) HTC phone. They do have some good hardware, but once the phone is out their door that is were the support ends. I was warned when I bought the M8, I didn't listen. My bad, will never happen again though.

Sent from my Surface 3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99