Mute all sounds easily and quickly?

rotobadger

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Still feeling my way around my new 900 and I'm still a little disoriented after 5 years with an iPhone.

Can anyone recommend a quick and easy way to mute all sounds? The iPhone has the small physical toggle switch on the side. Will simply turning the volume all the way down kill all sounds on the 900?

Thanks for the help on what just might be a really stupid question!

rotobadger

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Cool, thanks guys that helps. One more question though. Is there a way to kill the vibrate as well? For work I can find myself in ultra quiet environments that can require complete silence from everyone in the room. Even the little "buzz" from a vibrate could get me in hot water!

I'm guessing I just turn vibe off permanently somewhere in settings?

EDIT: Looks like that did the trick. Thanks again!

yeahbuddy78

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the settings hook in WP7 is irritating. I turn my phone on silent at night and there is currently no easy way to do this without totally disabling vibrate. I wish there was a way to just go silent, then when you wake up turn sounds and vibrate back on by using the volume + bell icon press.

For this reason, I never get to use vibrate. I'm not rooting around in a menu tree every morning and don't want my phone vibrating on my nightstand while I sleep.

Oh, and the one single system volume for everything period is very irritating.

One day I suppose (that day needs to come yesterday).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)