My 920 feels dead.. Messenger, Smartglass etc not running in the background..

davisorle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
For some reason about a week ago my messenger stopped notifying me and then smartglass went off as well. That was a couple of days I think before the update preview of 8.1 update. I reset my phone. Even used the Nokia tool from my PC ehich also updated my phone to Cyan and yet nothing.

Its too weird cause I dont even see an option of having it as an app that can run in the background in the battery saver. I did reset fully the phone twice with messenger being the only thing on my phone to test it and nothing. So either i dont remember correctly the timing and the update caused the issue OR something worse is going in..?

Please someone respond to me cause im scared for my phone. Ive made everyone around me get a Nokia here in Greece and the jealous ones that didnt i think they jinxed it !! D: Im about to cry for my phone. :p

davisorle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Ah crap... I feel helpless cause going around the web no one has the same issue recently so I'm afraid its my device. Which makes no sense since its showing as a software issue... WPcentral app for example works fine and alerts fine too...

davisorle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
My issue was messed up and I asked MS to transfer my issue further for investigation. Like in the past where an app like foursquare bugged my phone and live tiles wouldnt update, not Messenger app made all my apps stop running in the background and getting push notifications etc. Well, mostof my apps anyways. For example I was only getting calls, txt and wpcentral messages. For someone with over 150 apps, that was a huge issue.

As stupid as it sounds, I had to update my info in the main facebook app in order to unblock the messenger app and then that unblocked everything on my phone. Try removing apps one by one. Dont get that with wp8 how easily an app can mess the whole phone..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb