My Experience With AT&T

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
On April 2nd (night), 2013,
  • my lumia 920 stopped working after I reinserted the sim card.
  • I called AT&T and told that AT&T will send me a replacement
  • About an hour later, I reset the phone and it worked just fine.
  • I called AT&T and asked for a cancelation of the replacement.
  • Was told that once the order is placed, it cannot be canceled, huh?
  • I was asked to refuse the delivery

On April 4th,
  • Received the phone as promised by AT&T

On April 5th,
  • I took the package to Fedex Office and refused the delivery
  • Fedex made a copy of the original shipping label and signed it as a receipt for me.

On April 15th,
  • Got a message from AT&T and asked to return the replaced phone.
  • Called AT&T and informed AT&T that the phone has been returned.
  • I was asked to provide a tracking number.
  • Went to Fedex and obtained a tracking number (the clerk still remmebered me, small town).
  • Fedex confirmed the phone was received on April 10th, at AT&T Fort Worth facility.
  • Provided the tracking number to AT&T and asked for an e-mail and got one from AT&T confirming that the phone has been returned.

April 18th and after
  • Getting repeated e-mails and messages asking me to return the phone
  • Called AT&T warranty department. Was told nothing can be done until they see the tracking number provided by AT&T (in the box that was shipped to me).
  • Sent an e-mail to AT&T wireless president and got a call from executive team response team. Provided him with the return tracking number. He, again, confirmed that the phone has been returned. He assured me that I will never be charged for it.
  • Got another e-mail from AT&T asking me to return the phone.
  • Got another automated call from AT&T
  • Called AT&T warranty department again. The person who asnwered call told me that he found the place to put the information so that this matter is settled once for all.
June 7th and before

• Got an AT&T bill is ready e-mail from AT&T. The bill has an balance over $500 including a non-returned phone charge of $430. I was on an international trip.
  • Did not want to make international calls so chatted with a couple of AT&T representatives. AT&T insisted that the charge would not be there if the phone is returned.
  • I told AT&T that I was tired of talking to AT&T. I only authorize the monthly charge. If AT&T charges the full amount on my credit card, I will see AT&T in court without any advanced notice.
  • Chatted with AT&T again. This time, CSR looked all interaction history with AT&T and agreed to issue an credit of the same amount.

Lesson learned, keep your tracking number. You never know what AT&T is going to do.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like AT&T to me. I ran into a roaming charge issue with them years ago.

I just had a similar problem with my cable provider. I switched to Directv and I returned their DVR and got a receipt. They kept calling me and sending me $700 bills for their DVR. Just another company that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I say sue the cable company for loss wages for the days they waste your time in court and filing fees. That will get them to stop sending the collection letters

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon