My turn to have duplicated musics has come

andreirlopes

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Since I bought my Lumia, before GDR1, I didn't had this. Even after installing GDR1 I didn't have this. I can tell because I took some time to stop sending new musics and deleting others from the phone... But then I stopped because I was ok with my musics and there was no new releases from the things I like for a while... and then GDR2 came... and everything was ok... until last weeks.

I formated my SD-card (for the first time since installing GDR2, which should have solved this problem) and synced my musics from Windows Media Player, my default player since ever. The same player I used to sync old musics to my Lumia. WMPlayer is not as good to sync as Zune was, but it's better than that terrible metro app. But ok. I synced my music and then when I opened Xbox Musics (phone) my whole library was with 4 files per music. And there's no way of deleting just one of them, because none of the others will play.

I read some things on the internet and Microsoft Answers... I did everything* (except reset the phone) and nothing seems to work. Everytime that I sync musics, it will be duplicated or triplicated on the phone.

Please, someone can help me here? I'm getting nervous with this. :(

* by everything, I really mean a lot of thing. "format sd card; delete some hidden folders on the phone memory; sync via Windows Phone app for Windows 8 (the lattest one is updated and this bug is over... blahblahblah)" I tried sync with Windows Phone Metro App, Windows Phone Desktop App (that sh*t doesn't even show individual songs), Windows Media Player, Windows Explorer... I don't know what else I can do.

PS: I trust and believe and love Microsoft... But it's been almost a year and there's a lot of unfinished things realted do Windows Phone... I can't believe how MS is going backward by changing so quickly the perfect and flawless Zune by this Xbox that doesn't even sync properly. Is it that hard to make Windows 8.1 Music app (that is powered by XBOX MUSIC too) able to sync to WP? Why do we have 4 different methods if none of them work how it should? :crying: Ok... Sorry. I've had a bad week... and now this with my lumia... Argh!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The duplicates on my phone was introduced by Windows Media Player. I used the Windows Phone app to remove the duplicates and to add music and my phone is back to normal.

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I had tried everything too up to a hard reset thinking something had to work. But then I loaded all my music to my memory card then did a hard reset and voila, it works. An aside though, I do have a HTC 8XT running GDR3, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it not duplicating.

andreirlopes

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
The duplicates on my phone was introduced by Windows Media Player. I used the Windows Phone app to remove the duplicates and to add music and my phone is back to normal.

I'm really happy for you, but no sucess for me. I'm not able to delete anything from Windows Phone App (both metro and desktop). It's really funny, 'cause on Windows Explorer it appears just one file per music. Just Windows Phone makes this mess.

andreirlopes

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I had tried everything too up to a hard reset thinking something had to work. But then I loaded all my music to my memory card then did a hard reset and voila, it works. An aside though, I do have a HTC 8XT running GDR3, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it not duplicating.

I did everything again... Files are still duplicated, but I'm gonna let it be for a while (after a while, I'm happy that now there's just 2 files per music). I decided that I'm gonna wait and right after installing GDR3, if it didn't solve I'm gonna do a hard reset. I just cannot understand WHY this happens... I imagine that they're working on it, because it needs to comes to an end.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried navigating to the files on your PC using Windows Explorer and insuring all the ID3 tags are correct? On Windows 8.1 I can see them as part of the file list view, but you should be able to right-click a file, select Properties, and then go to the Details tab.

I only say this because I sync using both Windows Explorer drag-and-drop and the Windows 8 Modern app, and a few songs duplicated whose ID3 tags were wonky. Once I corrected the tags, deleted the offending files on the phone, and re-synced, everything was shiny again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigorplux