Name added to breakthrough lists doesn't stick

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Weird problem: I've had the same breakthrough list for a year, but recently added a person. The other day I noticed that this person went straight to voicemail. I checked back in Cortana > Notebook > Quiet Hours and sure enough, that name has dropped off the list.

Added it again, and a while later, the name is missing again.

Deleted the original names, added the new one: same thing. Coming back a while later, the list is now empty. The deletion of the original contacts does stick, but the addition of a new name doesn't.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Maybe relevant: the contact name has a special character (c with a cedille, the little hook hanging under it). I'll test some more, but in the meantime, anyone else?

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem adding a new contact to Inner Circle on my 8.1 phone...after some time it became greyed-out with the message "we can't seem to find this contact" although it was still there in my Hotmail contacts. My other Inner Circle contacts which I've had for a long time are just fine...as you say, weird

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem adding a new contact to Inner Circle on my 8.1 phone...after some time it became greyed-out with the message "we can't seem to find this contact" although it was still there in my Hotmail contacts. My other Inner Circle contacts which I've had for a long time are just fine...as you say, weird
Thanks! Glad I'm not alone. :) Did your disappearing contact have any special characters in it?

rasputin01

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
My Breakthrough list always drops everyone, it won't keep any contacts. I can save people there, check it in a few hours they are still there but it doesn't allow them to breakthrough. The next day the list is empty again.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
My Breakthrough list always drops everyone, it won't keep any contacts. I can save people there, check it in a few hours they are still there but it doesn't allow them to breakthrough. The next day the list is empty again.

I had a similar problem on my L950 using build 14393. I could add contacts to the list, they would appear to save but if I went back into the list within an hour the list would be empty again.

The good news is that this appears to be fixed on the latest Fast Ring build 15043. I added contacts to the list yesterday when I first updated to the build at 10:30. They are still there now, some 23 hours later.

I have also tested it, my mum being on the breakthrough list. I asked her to call me during Quiet Hours and the call came through.:smile:

rasputin01

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it matters but I'm using an Icon on Verizon with the official w10m update they put out. I'd have to check for exact build / version #

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if it matters but I'm using an Icon on Verizon with the official w10m update they put out. I'd have to check for exact build / version #

If you're on an official build, I expect that'd be either 10586.xxx or Anniversary Update 14393.xxx.

I'm not sure if the breakthrough list has always worked on the Creators Update builds, as I only went into Fast Ring on my daily driver yesterday. However, Feedback Hub shows upvotes for the issue on build 15025, so I think it's safe to assume it hasn't been working up to that build at the very least.

Therefore, with the assumption it's only just been fixed, as it's a setting within Cortana, I think it could potentially roll out on the official builds in the next cumulative update (as I believe Cortana can only be updated by that method)?

I would certainly hope Microsoft would include the fix in 10586 and 14393 builds anyway and not just leave it still broken for them, but fixed in Creators Update.

Sent from mTalk

Keith_Johnson

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Here's a simple fix...hopefully it will work for you.

Settings>Privacy>Speech, inking, & typing>Click - Stop getting to know me then restart your phone.

Once restarted, go back to Settings>Privacy>Speech, inking, & typing and turn it back on. It should start working again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo