Navmii application having virus or what ?

Abdullah_Naeem

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday night i installed Navmii a navigation application on my Lumia 730 with denim update on. The app is like that its incomplete (i am sorry as i am not a developer so cannot explain perfectly)
For every buttons and options there are codes/commands. I downloaded local maps some how.
After that my cell phone is hanging. Screen going off and is not coming back unless made a soft reset. Network not working. When i put ir on charging the screen comes but then it does not go off again.

I uninstalled app. Some things are fixed but screen off and soft reset is still major issues.

What to do ?

Abdullah_Naeem

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I just searched any many people having the same issue. This is what it was looking like and people saying it is "Sourcing issue"
k2pzuIh.png

This app just dumped my perfectly working Lumia 730 :(

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My lock button not working after installing the stupid app. But prolonged press working. Hence able to soft reset. Soft reset done around 10times till now from yesterday evening. This bloody app has screwed my 830. This developer is crap. I'm very much angry. My smooth 830 is screwed now! Grrrr...

Abdullah_Naeem

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Same thing has happened to my lumia 730. Lock button not working. Have to do soft reset every time.
Any authority and expert please guide how to fix the issue beside doing hard reset and claiming warranty ? (as both mentioned ways are time taking)

Help ... !!!

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
L735, UK. Not happening to me.

Once installed, when run for the 2nd time* I was asked which maps to download and which voice I would like. Selected and downloaded without any issue, and the app is working very well.

*The first time it ran, it failed to launch properly. Perhaps if I wasn't so impatient I would have the same problem as you?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1020 here. The first time I installed the app it wouldn't even launch - just shows the app launch screen and then I would be brought back to the app list. Attempted to launch the app at least five times - without success.

Re-installed the app - still the same crashing syndrome. Uninstalled the app (for the last time).

Now, I can't even download the app. It says "Pending", sometimes with no progress in the downloading progress bar. My internet connection is stable (<0.43% jitter, >7Mbps, <0.5% packet loss) and I could install other apps with no problems. I also waited for four hours for the download to "start" and attempted to download at least three times*.

*- Suspecting that the download of the new Denim updates are overloading the servers? But if so, downloading other apps would also be affected, which isn't. On the other hand, Microsoft could be reviewing the app for the implied security threats (in the original post), but if so (again) they would have taken the app from the store completely (in the meantime).

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
1520 user here and I also installed the app. Had 2 failed map downloads before a successful 3rd attempt. It worked well but I uninstalled it nevertheless because waze and here is way much better

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Was able to successfully install it just a few hours ago. In my country is has more POIs than any other map app or service in the store (including small-scale businesses). One of things I like about it is that it integrates searches from different sources: Google, Foursquare, the app POI databse.

Looks like I'll be holding onto this app, but I will be keeping HERE+ (and the HERE Collection), Waze, MapQuest, NaviComputer and the default Bing Maps as well.

The point here being: the app runs smoothly and well in my case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99