Need a favor (someone with the phone TP)

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
If anyone else likes this idea can you please post this on the phone feedback app (I cant because I don't have the technical preview).

The idea is the ability to customize two different animations: the screen on/off animation (when pressing the lock button), and the actual lock screen swipe animation. If this interests you and you post it let me know! :)

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
So... you want an option to disable the start screen animation when launching and returning from an app? Not possible, that animation hides a load screen, apps don't load instantaneously like they look, they just hide the loading screens under fancy animations that make it just look like a transition, if you turn those off, then you'll spend that time staring at a black screen, won't get you to and from an app any faster.

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
So... you want an option to disable the start screen animation when launching and returning from an app? Not possible, that animation hides a load screen, apps don't load instantaneously like they look, they just hide the loading screens under fancy animations that make it just look like a transition, if you turn those off, then you'll spend that time staring at a black screen, won't get you to and from an app any faster.
Ummm... No. Read my post again. I'm talking about the screen turning on/off, and unlocking the phone. Never said anything about the start screen.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Could you explain more of what differences YOU would like to apply to these screens?

For instance, on sleeping the screen it just goes blank or to Glance at present... What would you make different? A bright Flash? A slow fade? A cartoon bear dances onto the screen, wipes all the info from the screen with a handkerchief and then dances off?

You say customizable, but to allow the user ANY option they can dream up is not practical. This has to be programmed in advance. There are only limited options within each behavior and it is not going to be feasible to allow users to "inject code" so then any deviations must be hard coded in advance by the OS software engineers.

Your idea sounds nice, but how do you envision users make these customizations? Personally or by toggling through preset options?

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Could you explain more of what differences YOU would like to apply to these screens?

I made the mistake of trying to be too brief. An example of what I mean: think of at the end of the old Looney Toons episodes how the screen would go dark, starting from a big circle that shrinks smaller and smaller, usually centering on the character onscreen. Sorry this is the best I can describe it haha. I believe I've seen this kind of transition on an android phone.. Not sure though. Other transitions like this would be cool

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You may be referring to the "CRT" effect that is selectable on Android. I had it on my Nexus 4.

Again these things are pre-programmed so when you say customizable you really mean options that can be toggled in Settings.

On webOS I could change the animation of my boot screen with replacement of two jpg files in a folder. This was a "hack" and therefore a known to work "customization" which is separate by far from selectable options...

Thanks for helping to clarify. BTW I am not on insider to suggest it there... But have you looked through UserVoice to see if it is already present as an idea?

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos