Need help with Windows Insider

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I'm a Windows Insider, and have been playing with Windows 10 on an extra 640 I have. I decided to try it out on my 1520.3, so I ran Insider, told it to get fast ring builds, and started downloading. Unfortunately, it used my SD card, and then when it tried to install, decided there was a problem, so I was stuck. Removing the SD card didn't help, as it insisted it couldn't move forward without the SD card. So I did a hard reset, downloaded Insider, and started again.

The problem is that when I run Insider, and go to Get Preview Builds, it gives me a server error: "A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. Please check the date/time of your device and its network connection and try again."

My date/time is automatically set, and I confirmed it's correct. My region and language is US English. I only have the US keyboard installed. I've tried doing a hard reset, I've tried using wifi, I've tried using cellular, I've tried everything I know to try. I've seen other people report the problem, but I've never seen a solution.

Meanwhile, Insider runs great on my 640. I'm astonished that it worked fine the first time I tried it on my 1520.3, and now it won't.

Any ideas?

ennzzo

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have the latest build on my HTC M8 working great, but my 1520 will only download. Once it starts the install, it gives me the same error message.

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I finally found a fix last night. Instead of doing a reset from the phone, I used the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to redeploy 8.1 to the phone. Once I did that, I had no problems with the Windows Insider program or updating to 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danielrosjd