Need some help with contacts transfer

oldgitst

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

White 930 turned up today and very pleased with it 😀 but just need help with this 😒 .
My old windows phone was used under a Ms account I use for home. I want the new phone to be registered to my work Ms account. The contacts are on my old account and transfer my data app doesn't work ? Presumably as it's different account ? Bluetooth works on single contact but don't want to have to do that ?....
I'm not actually sure where the numbers are stored 😗....
Any help mucho appreciated
Cheers
Og

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
if you log into people.live.com with the old MS account, you can export the data for importing into the new account I believe.

(from a PC)

YanivC

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is your work account an exchange account? If so, you can simply sign under your MS account and then add your work exchange email, everything will sync.
If not, you can do what xandros9 said, log into your MS account, go to your contacts, export them to a file and then import them back once the phone is set up. See the links below for more help.
How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail? - Windows Help
Use my Microsoft account to sync contacts to the cloud | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

oldgitst

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Cheers fellas, it's not the email I need, just the telephone numbers etc....
Kind of weird... I went into people add an account and added the home outlook.com account details and all the numbers are there... However I suppose that means all my contacts are under that account... I'm s bit confused tbh,,,,, seems to be so many accounts and all I want is my phone numbers on this phone lol....

oldgitst

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey cheers fellas, thing is I think I'm getting confused with all different accounts etc etc... Basically I've added my home outlook.com account in the people hub and the numbers seem to be on my phone now .... I'm not worried about email etc etc just mobile numbers and can't help but feel this is a bit miss and match.... Are they all now stored in one drive or cloud to an account rather than on the phone ?? Cheers for any help, og

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If I understand correctly, you may need to open settings in People (on the phone) and turn off the option that displays only contacts with phone numbers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes