Needing help with Windows Insider?

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
oops I think I should have uninstall windows insider after update 2.
the phone side i had a update it turns out to be windows 10 OS ver 10.0.12534.59
is this a good release or am I in trouble.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Have you flashed it already?

If not you can just do a hard reset and not activate Insider again and you'll be on GDR2. I wouldn't recommend the W10TP on your main phone because there are lots of bugs even in the latest release.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
if you mean installed yes it didn't say what the update was that's when I notice it was windows 10. can you still use the removable tool that came out a little while ago. I think I still have the link somewhere.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
if you mean installed yes it didn't say what the update was that's when I notice it was windows 10. can you still use the removable tool that came out a little while ago. I think I still have the link somewhere.

You can downgrade using the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. W10 TP will be difficult to use as a daily driver on your main phone.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
You can downgrade using the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. W10 TP will be difficult to use as a daily driver on your main phone.

If you have Denim update the downgrade takes you back to pre Denim update, at least that's what the OS version numbers show on Lumia SRT when I connect my 830. That's not a good option IMO.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
If you have Denim update the downgrade takes you back to pre Denim update, at least that's what the OS version numbers show on Lumia SRT when I connect my 830. That's not a good option IMO.

Why not? If you got Denim once, you'll just get it again since you're still in the same region...
One can also download the Denim update itself and flash directly thought the Care Suite/Package Manager.

Either way one ends up with Denim.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Why not? If you got Denim once, you'll just get it again since you're still in the same region...
One can also download the Denim update itself and flash directly thought the Care Suite/Package Manager.

Either way one ends up with Denim.

Nokia Care doesn't recognize the 830 and Telus (as I was told) has suspended sending the Denim update OTA...so what's my solution then?

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Care doesn't recognize the 830 and Telus (as I was told) has suspended sending the Denim update OTA...so what's my solution then?

Yikes. That's a really unique situation. Does Nokia care not work with any of the x30 phones? It pulls the packages from the official servers so it technically should.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb