New 1520.3 Owner here, with Internet Sharing question

Lord Chabelo

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
So I finally upgraded my AT&T unlocked 920 to a factory unlocked 1520.3 RM-938. The device worked great out of the box, my Nokia 920 backup transferred over like a charm with the exception of a few apps that are no longer available on the marketplace, my call history is there, my contacts, everything except my texts which I had set to back up. I'm on T-Mobile with a family plan, no contract, unlimited data.

My question is is the only way to get the internet sharing to work on T-Mobile through the foreign SIM card trick? Also anyone know how to get my backed up text to my new phone?

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same phone (RM-938) on AT&T and while I haven't tried it yet, the setting looks like its there and available for sharing. I'm not sure why you would have an issue except that T-Mobile has unlimited data and AT&T doesn't. I've heard someone say if you install a spanish keyboard, that alone fixes the issue if there is one.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about the foreign SIM card trick.

On my 1520.3, I uninstalled the Spanish (Mexico) and installed Spanish (Spain) keyboards. Those actions enabled internet sharing. Internet sharing available after upgraded to 8.1. I am also using T-Mobile.

If I recall correctly, my backup texts eventually pushed down from my OneDrive account.

rudypoochris

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the latest developer preview and it doesn't let you install access point so you can't do the foreign sim trick. That being said it doesn't matter because it knows how to set up for T-Mobile anyway. So I have internet sharing out of the box. The ****ty thing though is that it correctly lets T-mo know when I am tethering so I am limited there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss