New to Windows Phone

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Good Morning everyone.

Upgraded this week from a Droid X to the Nokia Lumia 928. Overall I'm really enjoying the experience. Other than the POP3 server delete message issue and syncing/sorting bug with a third party solution (ACT!/CompanionLink) I'm real happy with my decision. The phone is quick, responsive, and pretty easy to use.

It's rather interesting how many here change phones often -- I usually keep a phone on line for about three years. . .

Looking forward to sharing things here and picking more experienced brains!!

Later,

Mike

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard. One thing you can do is keep focused on wpcentral for the latest developments and software updates. Your phone will be loaded with goodness in no time. haha. But if you need info to ease your transition, feel free to ask.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey mjperry51, great to see you here at WPCentral. I'm like you when it comes to changing phones - I had my last phone for 4 years and I intend to keep this for a good while, too! If you want to pick brains and generally learn more about everything Windows Phone you're in the right place, and we're glad you're here!

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral! I have had my Lumia 800 since it was released in Sweden, so I have also had the same phone for a pretty long time :wink:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and I'm also keeping my L920 for 3 to 4 years, I normally buy a phone once a year however the L920 broke that trend.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard to WP central, I had my 822 since released and plan on keeping till the next big change. But I do love new things.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Welcome but I have to admit I'm on my 4th phone already this yr n I'm buying another in a week Lumia 925 n then probly the 1020 or whatever it is called after that! I always gotta have the latest for some reason 😞

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Welcome but I have to admit I'm on my 4th phone already this yr n I'm buying another in a week Lumia 925 n then probly the 1020 or whatever it is called after that! I always gotta have the latest for some reason 

Phone boy to the max ;-)

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Good Morning everyone.

Upgraded this week from a Droid X to the Nokia Lumia 928. Overall I'm really enjoying the experience. Other than the POP3 server delete message issue and syncing/sorting bug with a third party solution (ACT!/CompanionLink) I'm real happy with my decision. The phone is quick, responsive, and pretty easy to use.

It's rather interesting how many here change phones often -- I usually keep a phone on line for about three years. . .

Looking forward to sharing things here and picking more experienced brains!!

Later,

Mike

Wow, I think you deserve a Purple Heart or something for finding a way to use a pre-Android 4.x device for nearly 3 years. If I had done that, I'd be bald (would have pulled my hair out) and probably be in jail (for killing someone over my frustration with using an older Android smartphone for that long - I used a Droid 2 for about 15-16 months, and that was plenty long enough).

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I think you deserve a Purple Heart or something for finding a way to use a pre-Android 4.x device for nearly 3 years. If I had done that, I'd be bald (would have pulled my hair out) and probably be in jail (for killing someone over my frustration with using an older Android smartphone for that long - I used a Droid 2 for about 15-16 months, and that was plenty long enough).
Oh there were times :smile:

I didn't root until a few moths ago -- was going to investigate other ROMs, but just decided it wasn't worth it. I do miss the access to files systems between PC & phone; perhaps MS will look into a way to provide access to some user files like documents & images over WiFi. Other than that it's been a pretty much seamless transition.

The CTO of Companion Link has gotten personally involved with my Contact sync/sort issue; expect that problem will be resolved in a reasonable time period The POP3 service delete issue I can live with on one account.

Thanks all for the welcome. . .

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf