New to WP7

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. Just wanted to join the fray with you guys/gals as I just recently acquired a WP7 device. I bought a HTC Trophy NIB off of ebay for $140 off contract.

I have unlimited on Verizon and didn't want to sign a new contract for a subsidized phone that is probably at or near EOL. I would've liked a Samsung Note type device but Verizon is as tight lipped as they've ever been about upcoming phones and I was sick of waiting. I am also starting to get sick of Android as well. The fragmentation is becoming worse by the day it seems, and the app quality is just all over the place. Some are decent, some are pure crap. Plus, Verizon always seems to mess up something when they finally decide to push an Android update. The GB debacle with my DX was nothing shy of shameful IMO.

I'm a former 1st gen iPhone user, OG Droid, DroidX, and Pre2 user. I just wanted a phone that worked as it should and was fun to use as well as fast and fluid. Even though my DX was a beast, it still was never as fast/fluid as the Trophy is. I had it rooted with custom rom too, but it just was becoming more and more of a pain to use. Apps were slow to open, when I'd click on the phone icon to make a call, sometimes it was instant, sometimes it would hang. I didn't have a lot of background apps running either. Verizon majorly screwed up the gingerbread update and I actually shelved the DX for a while and switched to a Pre2. Now the Pre2 was/is a good phone, but the screen was just too darn small for me so I switched back and rooted the DX just to make it usable. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, a buddy of mine showed me his Lumia and I was in love. I honestly didn't know how great WP was thanks to Verizon's complete lack of WP promotion and advertising.

The Trophy while not a beast by no means, is a great phone it seems and hopefully should serve me well until WP8 is released. Supposedly, Verizon is going to give major support to WP8 but as they say, I'll believe it when I see it. If/when they do, I'll upgrade then. Until that happens however, I'm really digging the Trophy and the quality of apps.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself to you all and I look forward to chatting/learning with you guys.

Last edited:

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Seems like a lot of former WebOS users make their way to Windows Phone. Welcome to the club, sir.

Makes sense though. WebOs was an awesome idea, just poorly implemented hardware wise. There's a lot of similarities between the two and how easy and fast everything is. The difference is, WP has the backing and hardware to drive it.

To this day, WebOs' card switching is still the best implementation of multitasking. It was fun too, flicking those cards up and off the screen to close out a program or task. The gesture area below the screen was a genius idea too.

I firmly believe that the fire sale on the Touchpads opened a lot of people's eyes in seeing how good WebOs was and in the end, probably drove some people over to WP7 as well once they realized that Android and iOS isn't all that.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
God I love happy new wp users. Always have a cool story. Welcome to the club. Need help just ask us. Community is very nice here :D

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Android is windows phone's evil twin. Android has specs but it's slow like **** for current phones. Windows phone 8 has the same specs and it's like walking in heaven for the scrolling. So android is the the devil and wp is god the saver and iOS is just a little girl crying for features in a war. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)