New update on AT&T Lumia 1520 today (03/18/2014)

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Tap/scroll actually seems even more borked than before.

And then there's this strange thing that happened today...pulled my phone out of my pocket to answer a call and this is what it looked like

ynemete5.png

While there are some minor annoyances, I still find the windows phone a better fit for my use. I have had a dozen phones over the past four years and have enjoyed the 920, 928, and now the 1520 head and shoulders above every iProduct and Android product I have ever owned.

I can say the loud pop is gone. But that's all I see fixed. Maybe, maybe my WiFi is better?

Edit, the picture uploaded does not reflect what I saw. The screen was zoomed in, about 10x, on the left top corner.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Tim Bearden

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
After updating mine seemed to be running better. No more swipes read as clicks and the brightness was fixed. Then the next day it froze on me twice in a row. Since then it's pretty much back to how it was. The swipes might not read as clicks as much but the britness issue is back the same. I'm just glad it hasn't froze anymore.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
After updating mine seemed to be running better. No more swipes read as clicks and the brightness was fixed. Then the next day it froze on me twice in a row. Since then it's pretty much back to how it was. The swipes might not read as clicks as much but the britness issue is back the same. I'm just glad it hasn't froze anymore.

off topic, what weather app live tile is that?

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I was going to wait to see more reviews of the update but I bit the bullet and updated last night. Brightness has definitely been fixed which is a relief and the tapping issue happened to me only once so far. No issues to report but today is going to be my first full day with the update so I'm going to be checking how the battery life is. I did notice faster speed tests and full bars in my house whereas I was only getting 3-4 at most. I'm worried the stronger RF performance might make for worse battery life as has been reported. SD card is fine after update and no crashes or freezes yet.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
New firmware didn't fix the scroll/tap issue on mine. Sigh...time to start looking for another phone (non-Nokia).

so you're going to get a whole new phone because one feature on the phone doesn't work perfectly? Sounds like you need to be an iPhone user.

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
so you're going to get a whole new phone because one feature on the phone doesn't work perfectly? Sounds like you need to be an iPhone user.

Oh please..one feature?! It's one of the core features of any smartphone and it is incredibly annoying when it doesn't work correctly.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Phone brightness bug is gone and phone works great except for the video recording... it stutters while recording ...... anyone else have this issue?

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Recording to MicroSD? If so anything below the Extreme Plus series from Sandisk will have that issue.

yeah I forget what card I use but its not a SanDisk, for me its usually one skip at most around the three minute point of a video (longest video I've recorded was 5:30) at 1080p 30fps

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. I feel like ever since the last update this week, my phone has been worse. I don't use double tap, but even when I press the power button to wake, it takes longer now to wake up. I just now am hearing the random popping within the speaker, and I'm also still getting the screen issue when I scroll down on things. I don't know, I was hoping the update was a surprise WP 8.1 for 1520 users but I was definitely dreaming haha. Now I'm almost debating on swapping for new 1520 at the warranty place.

Same exact issue here with the slowness on wake up. I saw that others were having major improvement and installed the update immediately, but now wish I hadn't...

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
That's what you are likely running into. The only properly working card anyone has found is the Extreme Plus from Sandisk.

Well, if you're talking about SD cards from SanDisk in general, then that's true. But I have an Adata 64 GB card that I bought from Newegg about 3 months ago that has been working flawlessly with no stuttering issues and I record all my videos at 1080p/30fps.

The problem is SanDisk's quality control has turned to garbage the past few years.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you're talking about SD cards from SanDisk in general, then that's true. But I have an Adata 64 GB card that I bought from Newegg about 3 months ago that has been working flawlessly with no stuttering issues and I record all my videos at 1080p/30fps.

The problem is SanDisk's quality control has turned to garbage the past few years.
Not at all. It has to do with the overall speeds of the cards.

That AData card, what's it rated at for speed (post a link if you don't mind)? Also, are you using the Nokia Camera app or the stock Camera app?

BTW if it's the Premier Pro MicroSD card then it's rated faster than the Sandisk Extreme...which would explain why you don't have issues.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb