New WP7 phone with Slide-out QWERTY?

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hay guys, just wanted to see if any of you have any idea if there are going to be any new WP7 with Slide-out QWERTY keyboards. I love my venue pro that I just got, but a side slider would be a reason to upgrade. Venue pros keyboard is alittle small to me, and I like the side sliders. While I'm fine with my phone for now, and it is amazing, are there any new phones with Slide-out QWERTY keyboards on the way? That Dell Wrigley was sed to have one, man I really hope dell changes its mind and surprizes us with that phone. Seems like there is a good amount of WP7, but not really alot with qwertys. It would be awsome if samsung made one. I gotta say after having a side slider (my tilt 2) theres no going back to not having one. I feel the same way about my AM-OLED screen as well, not going back on that ether, its so amazing and clear. Any of you guys hear anything?

Imagen the Samsung SGH-i927 Captivate Glide Specs but a windows phone, a amazing thought. Or the venue pro with a side slider. Thank guys.

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
HTC Arrive is my first slider, I've always had BB, and I must say I really like it, I really hope they bring more sliders with the new crop of phones

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The Prime specs are old compaired to the 2nd generation of windows phones. I like it and all but is it even out yet? Or for that matter comming out?

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a LG phone and I am not a fan of the LG Quantum either, but the people here who have LG Quantum certainly don't have many complaints about it, so it must be a pretty good phone.;)

The LG Quantum is also no longer available. So, you would have to go grab the remaining stock at your AT&T store.

I read an article months ago talking about QWERTY keyboards and Microsoft's dislike for them. Apparently you can tell with the LG Quantum that the OS doesn't always want to work with the slide out keyboard. Actually I just looked at PhoneArena's review to see if they noted it and it says: "Now the only inconsistent item we find on the Quantum is the fact that not all aspects of the platform are optimized to be viewed in landscape. Naturally, relevant things like the Messaging or Internet Explorer apps will automatically adjust for a landscape view, but the homescreen and Zune experience stay stuck in portrait only. It's understandable to see a unified experience on all devices right now at the start, but hopefully future updates will take into account the landscape orientation that most keyboard packing devices employ."

So, I don't know if Mango optimized that or not...

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
O man thats a bad draw for WP7 if they dont chang they're mind with the keyboards. I can understand becuase the OS is young yet. But thats such a not cool thing if they are saying now they dont want them when android has many. I hope they workon that big time for people like me who really need one. Plus thereare some many gaming benifts that come with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evan.mason5724