No Destiny Beta for Preorders from the Microsoft Store?

Duffau

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all. I thought a preorder in general meant beta access. I usually buy my games from the Microsoft store if buying on release day because I like going there and they have cool launch events. But I really want to play the beta. Upon looking into it, the beta signup is requiring a code that my preorder receipt doesn't have. Is there really no love for us MS store loyalists?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
That's awful, Gamestop usually gives it to me on a second section printout on receipt under all the warranty/deals etc. Never preordered from there, maybe you should call the local store you purchased from and ask?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I was hoping to Pre-order the digital version as I have a Microsoft account credit for $25 that expires on 9/10 but, I guess as the game comes out 9/9, I will just have to order it then.

I was on the fence with this one, as a maybe but, I guess this made up my mind for me. Buy this or dump $25....

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I was hoping to Pre-order the digital version as I have a Microsoft account credit for $25 that expires on 9/10 but, I guess as the game comes out 9/9, I will just have to order it then.

I was on the fence with this one, as a maybe but, I guess this made up my mind for me. Buy this or dump $25....

We must have been in the same promotion, I'm in the same boat. It's either Destiny or Diablo III. I already have Diablo III on the PC but never got reaper of souls.

Destiny is probably the better choice.

Duffau

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Turns out MS store preorders were included in the beta, I forgot about this thread until I got an email about replies. I just got an email giving me directions before the beta started.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
We must have been in the same promotion, I'm in the same boat. It's either Destiny or Diablo III. I already have Diablo III on the PC but never got reaper of souls.

Destiny is probably the better choice.

Maybe it's that App for the credit when I picked up the ICON, Nokia's gift app, I know I got a $25 credit at the time but, I do go through a lot of credits and promos, at one time I had $274 in Microsoft money... :/

Lots of games and WP xbox live games :)

Yea, I am going to order Destiny, I need to make sure I am in front of my Xbox on 9/9 for the release, If I get busy and forget, I dump $25, and I cant do that !

Duffau

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's that App for the credit when I picked up the ICON, Nokia's gift app, I know I got a $25 credit at the time but, I do go through a lot of credits and promos, at one time I had $274 in Microsoft money... :/

Lots of games and WP xbox live games :)

Yea, I am going to order Destiny, I need to make sure I am in front of my Xbox on 9/9 for the release, If I get busy and forget, I dump $25, and I cant do that !

I believe you can purchase with smartglass now (or I guess you always could on xbox.com), will that work for you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss