no internet access from laptop wifi (virtual router) even though connected

Preet1492

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
i learned from somewhere that my lumia 520 does not detect ad-hoc wifi connection from a personal laptop.so i downloaded a much talked mhotspot software from the web to create a virtual router.So when i created a wifi network through my laptop using this software my lumia 520 detected the wifi connection as well as successfully connected to it but when i tried to access internet by opening nokia store .. unfortunately no success in that.Hence although i was connected to wifi i didnt have internet access.:eck::eck::eck::eck::eck:

Much to my disappointment my brother's E63 also detected wifi, successfully connected to it and woosshhhh got internet access too:shocked::shocked::shocked:.so here i am with a brand new nokia smartphone being overpowered by older nokia not so smartphone..:crying::crying:
please provide me suggestions to come over this problem so that me too can enjoy the benefit of unlimited broadband internet of my laptop over my cell phone:confused::confused::confused:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
same here.. left me wondering why there is no internet access on my device although nokia E63 is having the same... are there any other imp settings that i may be missing ??

I'm even more confused now lol.... i was not refering to the virtual router but the one connected to your physical router. A little more information on your internet set up would be more helpful. I.e are you connecting your laptop to a ethernet only router via ethernet cable or using a usb cable modem on your laptop?

Preet1492

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
solved ... a third party antivirus firewall was blocking internet access through virtual router.. it was treating virtual router software(mhotspot) as a malicious software.. .

chirag_1987

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
solved ... a third party antivirus firewall was blocking internet access through virtual router.. it was treating virtual router software(mhotspot) as a malicious software.. .
how you solved it??
I have no antivirus, android phone is getting internet access but lumia 720 doesn't. Do you have any solution.
Thanks in advance

noddynd

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
try enabling intel wifi or any other wifi driver from windows firewall setting, may be it will work. worked for me. all the bst :)

Miraz Syed

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! I was having the problem with the virtual network being created but me not being able to connect, I turned my firewall off and BOOM, instant access! Thanks a bunch man from 3 years ago! haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaeaughn