No shutter sound when taking pics on the Lumia 950

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I know some find it annoying but when taking pic's outside in the sun light I very often can't see the screen well enough to tell when a pic has been taken.

I looked in Personalization/Sound options and their is no option to enable or disable Camera Shutter sounds and my phone makes zero sounds when taking pictures.

What happened to that option? I have a Lumia 950 ATT and fast ring insider but the shutter sound has been gone awhile.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
fast ring insider

That is the culprit here, you have not yet understood what being an insider means. Being an insider means getting half baked , bug riddled unstable OS builds that could create a havoc in your mobile in certain cases. Fast ring being the most risky followed by slow ring and release preview ring.

Fast ring now is receiving builds from RS2 update bound to be released to public sometime in spring 2017. The development is in early stages and by receiving these builds you are inviting more bugs to your phone. There is no complete list of these bugs and has N number of possibility where you might encounter a bug. So what you are facing here could be a software glitch hampering the ambient light senser to not work properly under sunlight and also muting the sound of shutter in camera.

Now you could check a few settings if everything is set to normal. Under brightness check if it is at automatic, that way your display will adjust itself automatically .

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I know what it means to be on the fast ring so I don't need a lecture, not often are options completely missing like this and it's been going on for months where their is no sound when taking pictures. It's not that the shutter sound option doesn't work right it's that the option does not exist at all.

Just curious if anyone else is seeing this either in the official release or insider releases? If I'm the only one than I'll reset my phone but if other are seeing it I'll report it. Their are no release notes I can find saying this is an issue or that they intentionally removed it.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
One other thing just because I'm on fast ring doesn't mean I'm not allowed to post questions and issues. I notice this type of beratement happens alot here, if your on fast ring and post about anything you tend to get shouted down or lectured.

This is a discussion forum and usually the insider forums are pretty barren so sometimes I like to discuss my issues in a place where people will actually respond. Their are other people on this forum on fast ring and at times I may need feedback from normal users to see if something is wrong/broken/missing in all releases or just the release I'm on. I'm quite aware of the several avenues to give feedback to MS on any issues I have and I almost always do before posting here.

I'm tired of people telling me to shut up just cause I'm on the fast ring, it really does not make this an inviting and friendly place to try and discuss things with others.

Bretagne1989

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi Swanlee.

I am on the insider fast ring too and i also have the camera shutter sound option missing, least i know it's just not me as well. Hopefully in the next few updates it will be installed again.

The Fast ring updates i find are pretty good and no major issues so far i am really happy with my 950xl running the 14936 build. Just to let you know my auto screen brightness works perfectly. The screen is brilliant in bright sunlight.

Cheers.

Ross.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Swanlee.

I am on the insider fast ring too and i also have the camera shutter sound option missing, least i know it's just not me as well. Hopefully in the next few updates it will be installed again.

The Fast ring updates i find are pretty good and no major issues so far i am really happy with my 950xl running the 14936 build. Just to let you know my auto screen brightness works perfectly. The screen is brilliant in bright sunlight.

Cheers.

Ross.
No shutter sound on 950 XL fast ring either. Otherwise loving it.

Bretagne1989

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi Mary Beth Hale.

Thanks for confirming that too. Apart from the shutter sound not working on my Lumia 950xl that's it, it's running sweet on this latest build. Well happy with it.

Ross.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input seems it is a fast ring issue, I have reported the problem I encourage the rest of you to report i as well to get it resolved quicker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs