No Watch Dogs Companion App = no Watch Dogs for me.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So have you guys seen the Watch Dogs 101 trailer? In it they talk about the companion app and all the cool things you can do with it. Unfortunately its only for iOS and android. I've been looking forward to this game since last E3, but there is no excuse for Ubisoft to create this nice app that will really add to the game and ignore Windows Phone. So I'll be taking pass until the WP app happens.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
What does the companion app do? I've never downloaded any companion app except smartglass, so I'm not sure what the advantages are.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So watchdogs comes out on Tuesday and no one here cares that Ubisoft made this fantastic companion app for the game for every platform but Windows and Windows Phone. I guess they knew what they were doing. smdh

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it is a tablet app, not a smartphone app. But it still isn't on windows tablets. I've tried contacting them on my (and Jas's) MobileEquality twitter page, but I got no response.

I BARELY use companion apps, and I don't use the Smartglass companion on games, so I really don't care. But I have an iPad as well, so if I want to use the app, I can use my iPad.

But don't boycott the game just because they aren't releasing it to the 5% of the tablet marketshare. I mean, boycotting an amazing game JUST because of a companion app? :-/

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I think it is a tablet app, not a smartphone app. But it still isn't on windows tablets. I've tried contacting them on my (and Jas's) MobileEquality twitter page, but I got no response.

I BARELY use companion apps, and I don't use the Smartglass companion on games, so I really don't care. But I have an iPad as well, so if I want to use the app, I can use my iPad.

But don't boycott the game just because they aren't releasing it to the 5% of the tablet marketshare. I mean, boycotting an amazing game JUST because of a companion app? :-/

There are even fewer WP users yet EA recently made a companion app for one of their games for WP. If every company had this attitude how many Windows apps do you think there would be? Its the principle, and personally I wont be buying the game in these circumstances and will make the other WP gamers I know aware of it too.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
There are even fewer WP users yet EA recently made a companion app for one of their games for WP. If every company had this attitude how many Windows apps do you think there would be? Its the principle, and personally I wont be buying the game in these circumstances and will make the other WP gamers I know aware of it too.

I've been looking forward to watchdogs for a long time, and before they announced the apps for the companion apps, it looked meh. So yeah, you enjoy missing out on every console game that has a companion app that isn't on windows. I got my consoles to play games. :)

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've been looking forward to watchdogs for a long time, and before they announced the apps for the companion apps, it looked meh. So yeah, you enjoy missing out on every console game that has a companion app that isn't on windows. I got my consoles to play games. :)

Missing out? Got better things to do than "miss out" on a game.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't refuse buying the game, I'm not gonna sit here and suffer because I'm missing a tiny part of the game which is only meant for tablets which I don't even have a tablet so yeah.... I'm enjoying this gorgeous game right now :p

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't refuse buying the game, I'm not gonna sit here and suffer because I'm missing a tiny part of the game which is only meant for tablets which I don't even have a tablet so yeah.... I'm enjoying this gorgeous game right now :p

Can't wait to play it soon! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion