Nokia 1020 on o2 UK - Product Recall

Graphic_Delusions

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Just received my replacement 1020 today, just charging it up now and will test out the battery.

On another note, I've noticed that the phone doesn't 'rattle' as much (if at all) when I shake it to hear the ball bearings in the camera.

Nicholas Pateman

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't see why the guy in the o2 store (or my girlfriend!) would make it up though. He didn't try and sell her anything else, just said you'll have to come back in a couple of weeks. Also, same guy was happy to sell it to her when she was in there yesterday!

Commission, simple as that. Most mobile shops get commission for shifting iPhones. They don't give a crap what's better for the customer. They didn't even have the Lumia 1020 on the shop floor on day of launch and the 64gb is an exclusive to O2!

daniel_sherlock

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah all this, find you then best deal is bull. When I got my 1020 I was the only one and was treat like I had rabies, why did I want that phone? All the sales reps had iphones. Glad yesterday when I went in to get my accessory pack. There was a guy from Nokia in the store, he had the 920,820,925 a surface and the 1020 with the camera grip, showed me all the settings and demoed the phone. What a difference. Nokia \ Microsoft need to spend much more ????? to breach the gap and get staff in shops behind the phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

anon(8125585)

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
What a difference a phone (new) makes.

Decided to swap my phone (new batch delivered to Vodafone) and it has worked.

Before swap >9% drain idle & 10 hrs battery life whilst doing nothing. :angry:

After update <2% drain idle; over-night it only dropped 12% with wifi, data, email & social media updates. :excited:

The only other thing I did differently with this phone was to charge it first when I brought it home instead of using it until it went dead and then charging it. I think I just had a lemon. Happy snapping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans