Nokia Beamer

duke8804

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that once we recieve the Lumia Black update (Which we did today) that i would be able to use the nokia beamer app (https://beam.nokia.com/). I searched the store but was not able to find it. Does anyone have any information on this app at all?

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
That should work that's the app. Maybe Nokia is updating it for use on AT&T 1020 or 1020 in general? I've already contacted Support, that was the first thing I tried. ha

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
neither Nokia Beamer or Nokia Storyteller will be made available until they are updated or until the rest of the 1020's (let alone the other lumias) receive the update... AT&T and MS were kind enough to give us Update 3,Lumia Black... I understand you wanna start using the new apps (don't get me wrong I do as well) just don't be too instantaneous... patience is a virtue, and im just happy that MS and AT&T gave us an early Christmas present :)

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
May I know how did you install it? Did you side load the .xap file?

To get it working, you need to install Fiddler2 on a PC that is connected to your network, then open it and go to Tools -> Fiddler Options -> Connections and ensure that "Allow remote computer to connect" is CHECKED. Click OK and go to Rules -> Customize rules. Notepad should open up. This is the delicate part. You need to know your device's string. For ATT, it should be "RM-877_nam_att_205" if you have the black one, and you can just copy and paste.

First Ctrl F and find the lines that say
Code:
static function OnBeforeRequest(oSession: Session){

Just below that line, insert the following:
Code:
if (oSession.uriContains ("RM-877_nam_att_205")){
     oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("RM-877_nam_att_205","RM-940_nam_att_200");
  }

If you have a different color or want to try it on any different device, all you need to do is go to settings -> extras and info -> more info, then replace "RM-877_nam_att_205" with whatever it says under your "manufacturer name."

Now what you need to do is find your computer's local network IP address (start - run - cmd - ok - ipconfig - enter - find ipv4 address) then on your phone, go to WiFi settings and ensure you're on the same network as your PC. Press and hold on the network that you're connected to and press Edit. Then turn proxy ON and enter you PC's ip address, and port 8888. Now you should be able to install any app that was designed for the 1520, but you may need to access the page directly.

I have both of these on my device:
Nokia Storyteller BETA | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Nokia Beamer | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

EDIT: Three more quick points:
You may need to wait a bit for it to refresh data in the store, or restart your device.
When you're done, don't forget to go back to the WiFi settings and turn off the proxy.
You may also need to disable any firewalls on your PC.

Tim Dearden

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I installed beamer before I updated my 1020 to black. It would not let me open the application before. I just updated to black last night and beamer works fine for me now. I just tested it this morning.

duke8804

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
To get it working, you need to install Fiddler2 on a PC that is connected to your network, then open it and go to Tools -> Fiddler Options -> Connections and ensure that "Allow remote computer to connect" is CHECKED. Click OK and go to Rules -> Customize rules. Notepad should open up. This is the delicate part. You need to know your device's string. For ATT, it should be "RM-877_nam_att_205" if you have the black one, and you can just copy and paste.

First Ctrl F and find the lines that say
Code:
static function OnBeforeRequest(oSession: Session){

Just below that line, insert the following:
Code:
if (oSession.uriContains ("RM-877_nam_att_205")){
     oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("RM-877_nam_att_205","RM-940_nam_att_200");
  }

If you have a different color or want to try it on any different device, all you need to do is go to settings -> extras and info -> more info, then replace "RM-877_nam_att_205" with whatever it says under your "manufacturer name."

Now what you need to do is find your computer's local network IP address (start - run - cmd - ok - ipconfig - enter - find ipv4 address) then on your phone, go to WiFi settings and ensure you're on the same network as your PC. Press and hold on the network that you're connected to and press Edit. Then turn proxy ON and enter you PC's ip address, and port 8888. Now you should be able to install any app that was designed for the 1520, but you may need to access the page directly.

I have both of these on my device:
Nokia Storyteller BETA | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Nokia Beamer | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

EDIT: Three more quick points:
You may need to wait a bit for it to refresh data in the store, or restart your device.
When you're done, don't forget to go back to the WiFi settings and turn off the proxy.
You may also need to disable any firewalls on your PC.

I can verify the above steps worked. I now have Nokia beamer on my device. I thought beamer would d so much more than just show me my screen. I was hoping i would be able to interact with it through the browser instead of just see it. Oh well one step at a time. If anyone knows of a way for me to be able to send texts through my phone with the computer that would be great to know.

niel27

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I always prefer using screenshots and use email/whatsapp for beamer/photoneamer.

I can finally teach my dad how to make the most of his Lumia 920 Procam app :)

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I installed it when it was first posted (but on Lumia Amber, it would give an error code upon launch). Now that I'm rocking Lumia Black, been using it no problems! Been showing it off to all my friends, especially iPhone junkies by using it make my phone's screen appear on theirs. Needless to say, all were impressed. ^_^

I love this feature! I need to start presenting stuff more, just so I have an excuse to use this app...

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I installed beamer before I updated my 1020 to black. It would not let me open the application before. I just updated to black last night and beamer works fine for me now. I just tested it this morning.

Same with me. Installed before through the market and once I updated to black it works. Both photobeamer and nokia beamer work fine.

Sent from my Xperia? Tablet Z

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Could anyone help me I can find both beamer and storyteller in store but can't download them even on Lumia black, I have photobeamer fine to download but not those

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierSall