Nokia Lumia 1520 Earphones (tiny problem)

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello, fellow Lumians. I just want to ask if the earphones that comes with the Lumia 1520 package deliver sound with good quality (especially if you can hear the bass part in most songs). I have Phillips earphones since the end of June 2013 and it still works nicely. My only problem here is that it's blue and my Lumia's glossy red. I also have a Nexus 7 with a red carbon-fiber skin so the Lumia earphones will look nicely with my gadgets. I haven't touched my phablet's earphones yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How about trying the earphones you got with your 1520 and letting us know how they sound to you? I've always liked reading reviews of products from regular users, not just tech bloggers.

HyperMatrix

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The headphones it comes with are actually quite terrible if you care about audio quality at all. Sound much worse than the ones the ones that came with my iPhone. Which is sad, because the design of the headphone is amazing. Sticks in my ear canal very well! The overall sound is just rather "tinny," lacks clarity, and lacks the deeper bass of the iPhone headphones. It's what I'd expect from a free headphone. And the only free ones that are better, that I've tested so far have been the newly designed apple ones. If you want good rich bass with medium level audio clarity, get the $99 beats in ear headphones. If you want a step above, get some monster turbine pro gold ones for better quality audio while maintaining heavier bass.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The headphones it comes with are actually quite terrible if you care about audio quality at all. Sound much worse than the ones the ones that came with my iPhone. Which is sad, because the design of the headphone is amazing. Sticks in my ear canal very well! The overall sound is just rather "tinny," lacks clarity, and lacks the deeper bass of the iPhone headphones. It's what I'd expect from a free headphone. And the only free ones that are better, that I've tested so far have been the newly designed apple ones. If you want good rich bass with medium level audio clarity, get the $99 beats in ear headphones. If you want a step above, get some monster turbine pro gold ones for better quality audio while maintaining heavier bass.

Thanks for the reply! I may not probably use it after all.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
How about trying the earphones you got with your 1520 and letting us know how they sound to you? I've always liked reading reviews of products from regular users, not just tech bloggers.

There's our answer from the previous comment. ☺

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I've changed my mind. I think I'll go with my phone earphones until it doesn't work properly. Mehe.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine didn't come with any earphones...I'm going all out and getting a pair of the new Bose in ear noise canceling headphones.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine didn't come with any earphones...I'm going all out and getting a pair of the new Bose in ear noise canceling headphones.

Wooah I'm sorry for you guys. Where did you get your Lumias?

Anyway, the earphones will pass for your average listener.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
AT&T store...maybe I should take a closer look in the box... :shocked:

US carriers tend not to provide earphones, with the exception of the iPhone and, from my personal experience, GSIII. It's a minor cost, but they subsidize it so they cut it out.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh, so that's why. I bought the international version. If I'm in the US, I would have bought an unlocked Moto X. :3

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
My opinion is slightly different. I on other hand very much enjoy using the headphones that came with my 1520 (also the international model). I personally found the sounds to be pretty good for headphones bundled with the phone. I've used iPhone headphones and personally didn't like those in comparison. Though I do own a few more high end headphones when I really care about quality and bass. I own one pair of inner ear Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision headphones which I find delivers a little more bass and sound quality over the stock Lumia ones. Then when I'm in the mood for even more bass I toss on my Sony MDR-X800 ExtraBass over-ear headphones I picked up for $99. Amazing sound considering you have to spend near $300 for comparative bass from Beats. But if you care more about looks then I'd spend the extra few hundred and go for Beats.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh, we have the same type of things we want to listen. Are you a guitarist too?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I got the included earbuds with my international 1520, but not with my AT&T 1520. Single button, decent sound quality. I tweaked the audio settings (equalizer) quite a bit though. They are yellow like my phone however, which is pretty nice.

WIN_20140106_172207.jpg

Last edited:

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I actually went through my box again...no headphones in the US, AT&T branded box. Just the phone, charger and sim removal tool.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Decided to go with the Jaybird Bluebuds X's after seeing the folks on here do an interview with them at CES last week. Bluetooth and designed for active use without having the full over the hear hooks. I tried to shake them out even after having them in hanging on the back of my neck and they worked great. Will be perfect at the gym or when I'm on my bike.

Now I just need my incipio case to arrive this week from Amazon so I can attach the Rokhard universal mount to it.

Brian Richman

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I got the included earbuds with my international 1520, but not with my AT&T 1520. Single button, decent sound quality. I tweaked the audio settings (equalizer) quite a bit though. They are yellow like my phone however, which is pretty nice.

So by having to do some heavy tweaking to the EQ settings, to get a decent sound, are you really telling us that they are actually not all that good?

Think about it - "Good" headphones should not need much EQ at all, should they?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So by having to do some heavy tweaking to the EQ settings, to get a decent sound, are you really telling us that they are actually not all that good?

Think about it - "Good" headphones should not need much EQ at all, should they?

Did I say they were good? I said decent after much EQ tweaking. I would never recommend anyone spend a dime on the included ear buds that I received.

I will say that I use an EQ for all my headphones, when available. I'm not an audiophile, I only care if it sounds good to my ears.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99