NOKIA Lumia 920 vs SAMSUNG Ativ S - Which one would you choose?

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I decide to make a favor to all of you that believe that Lumia 920 is the best W8 phone out there..... Before 10 days i have bought my new Lumia 920 and i was very very very happy for my move. the first two days i couldn’t let it on the table as i was adding applications testing the back up the speed ( the first phone i have that was faster on 3G from wireless!!! ) , photos, smoothness of moving . etc. Then suddenly as i take the phone from my bag i see that was asking for the pin number , then i realize that it has restarted (?).... I have input my pin and all OK , i consider this a random event ... after two hours the phone shuts down and i was not able to boot it up from power button (??) .. after that incident I have search on internet to find a solution . I easily found that there is a key combination to power on the device from an abnormal shut down , just press the volume down and power button for 12 sec, BUT .......WHAT a disappointment.... dozens of forums with people that have exactly the same issue with me ... The most important is that NO valid solution exists .. all of them advising various methods to try ( i assure you i have try everything ) but no results at all . The only solution that user have is to replace the device.... You don’t believe me ??? then JUST go to google and search : "lumia 920 reboot problem" or "lumia 920 reboot issue"
It was the best phone that i have ever had , but this last so little time... I have read for people that have replace the device 1,2 or even three times in order to get one stable .. So i decide , Since i was definitely going for Windows 8 phone , to order Samsung ativ s ... it has not LTE but .. what can i do
:cry::cry::cry::cry:
for as many people as there are with there are many more with out these issues you speak of. I have never had a reboot issue ever. My phone is solid in everyway. Black l920.

Polytropos

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
for as many people as there are with there are many more with out these issues you speak of. I have never had a reboot issue ever. My phone is solid in everyway. Black l920.

Did you search the internet for reboot issue of Lumia 920 ? I am definitely not the only one out there ..
It is a powerful , beautiful phone and with nokia apps is the best out there on my opinion. But believe it or not no support exist for the specific issue
I wish I was so lucky as you were with your device as I have try everything to make it stable but with no result. The final step was to change the firmware and be kick out of guarantee … But if I done that and problem not solved , then I hang the phone on the wall next to my kids pictures…
I do not want to argue for the subject I just express my opinion from my experience . if someone assures me that THIS 920 is OK I will definitely bought it at once . The most difficult part on this matter is when you realize the issue on the phone, as when you return it, there is no way to recreate the issue on the desk in order for the people in the shop to see it and agree with you

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Did you search the internet for reboot issue of Lumia 920 ? I am definitely not the only one out there ..
It is a powerful , beautiful phone and with nokia apps is the best out there on my opinion. But believe it or not no support exist for the specific issue
I wish I was so lucky as you were with your device as I have try everything to make it stable but with no result. The final step was to change the firmware and be kick out of guarantee … But if I done that and problem not solved , then I hang the phone on the wall next to my kids pictures…
I do not want to argue for the subject I just express my opinion from my experience . if someone assures me that THIS 920 is OK I will definitely bought it at once . The most difficult part on this matter is when you realize the issue on the phone, as when you return it, there is no way to recreate the issue on the desk in order for the people in the shop to see it and agree with you

A new fw (1232.5957.1308.00xx) will fix that ... and new phones should have that new fw installed (based on Nokia Developer blog), but no OTA available for old phones yet ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124