NOKIA LUMIA 928: Anybody have it yet or planning to purchase!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Got it! I'm actually content with the white, I feel like the white will make it appear much slimmer than the black. I'm happy! ��

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I showed up at my local Verizon store just after they opened this morning. I looked around but couldn't find the 928 so I asked a rep about it. All of the CSRs there had no idea that the phone released today and had to check their computers to verify that I was correct. They realized that they had gotten in 5 white phones and no black. There wasn't any bit of a display for the phone but hopefully that will change once more phones make it into the sales channels. While I had had my mind set on getting a black 928, I was impatient and went with the white. So far I'm really liking the phone and it feels good to be back with Windows Phone.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
JUST GOT MINE FROM THE VZW STORE!!! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING OVER A YEAR TO UPGRADE AND WOW!!!!!

ds;ljkfm;d ;ldip[nkl;gs

Sorry... drooled on he KB a little. I picked up the wireless charger and will be mounting it under my desktop while my staff are at lunch. I plan on drawing a circle with a marker with a lightning bolt and say "With any marker I can draw these signs and the phone will know to pull a trickle charge from things that are grounded." (It's happily wirelessly charging right now actually)

I've been waiting for this phone for SOOO long!!! It's truly beautiful!!! It's alot lighter than a friend's 920. I'd say close to the Trophy. It was kinda funny, people were looking at me as I was standing there getting the phone and people were like "What's that? Is that the new iPhone? I showed a little demo of how smooth and buttery it is and people were like, oooo...." I then showed them the Live Tiles and how I can pin a contact to the home screen, resize it and all that. Then I realzed I was a the store for close to 2 hours and I had some meetings to get back to the office for. As I was leaving, I heard some people ask to look at the 928 as well. ;-)

I got the white with white charger.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You guys are a unique bunch... there are a lot of people out there wishing they had a Nokia WP phone with Xenon flash...

.. enjoy :)

BobcatRidge

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried to buy a Lumia 928 today at my local Verizon store (San Luis Obispo, CA), but I was informed that they would not sell me a phone w/o a new 2yr contract. Since I have a grandfathered unlimited data account I wanted to buy the phone at full retail price. Boo!

Last edited:

bwhite757

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Picked mine up at VZW earlier this morning. No display unit, signage, or anything out for the phone. The CSR had to go ask the manager about the phone, had no idea they even had it in the store. After they found it, they got me switched over and activated quickly. Have been playing with it ever since. Definitely not going to regret this purchase.

merplerps

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried to buy a Lumia 928 today at my local Verizon store (San Luis Obispo, CA), but I was informed that they would not sell me a phone w/o a new 2yr contract. Since I have a grandfathered unlimited data account I wanted to buy the phone at full retail price. Boo!

I was able to get this at my local Verizon store in DC for retail price and keep my unlimited data. The guy just had to use "Upgrade: No Discount" in the sales interface. Then we chose "Keep existing plan" and all was good. Maybe he was more willing since I bought a set of screen protectors and the wireless charging plate, too?

merplerps

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I was the first one to buy the 928 at this location. It took a few minutes to get the order figured out so I could keep unlimited data - I made him check with a couple others, and then the manager... Anyway, when we were ringing up the phone, another guy came in saying he called yesterday about the 928. 2 of them sold within 1 hour of the store open!

Loving the phone. Upgraded from an iPhone 4. Can't get over how much better the screen is, and how much FASTER it is! (Data and the phone in general) I pulled 24 mb/s on the 5th floor at my office today...

Has anyone had luck with the $25 app credit? I went to Window Phone App Redemption and was told that my IMEI was invalid... Hopefully they call me back tomorrow and get it straightened out.

Diana Lambert

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I just tried mine and got the same message. I read about the $25 credit but the Verizon sales staff never mentioned anything. Couldn't find anything on their site about it either.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get this at my local Verizon store in DC for retail price and keep my unlimited data. The guy just had to use "Upgrade: No Discount" in the sales interface. Then we chose "Keep existing plan" and all was good. Maybe he was more willing since I bought a set of screen protectors and the wireless charging plate, too?
wait what? How much did u pay? Or did u do a device payment plan?

I called Verizon and they called my local store they said for the payment plan as long as ur phone hasn't been disconnected in the past 6 months u can get it and u can have the first months payment for the payment plan billed to your account and it would roughly be $45 a month extra on ur bill.

So i may end up doing it this way at the end of the month my store was sold out