Nokia Lumia 928 : User Reviews

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
There's a pick up in store option???? I had no idea. I am going to the Verizon store in a few hours after work. Hopefully they'll still have one. (They only got a 'few')

Apparently, the pick up in store option is not available If it is available in your area it will show up on the order screen.

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon data plans are pretty expensive...also, can you guys verify if the 928 can do group texting? I keep hearing this is the case for windows phones on verizon but find that hard to believe...Thanks in advance!

jakthebomb

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Having owned the Lumia 822 up until this morning, the feel of the Lumia 928 is just amazing. It feels like a $500 device. The Lumia 822 felt cheap and low end. I really just wish we got the Lumia 920 since I still think the 920 looks better than the 928. However I do love the Xenon Flash. It makes the trade off worth it. I am very surprised how easy it was to migrate to the new phone. I am one who is used to switching to new iPhones, this is my first ever WP8 to WP8 upgrade.

driftzorz

May 16, 2013
Visit site
how much did you have to put down? Are there any requirements to do this?

I had to put down the first installment wich is $43.73, also like a finance charge of 24.00. I guess its kinda like an upgrade fee??? To be qualified you have to have had Verizon for at least 6 months, and account in good standing. Cant be late on payments or have been late on any payments in the last 6 months or something like that. As far as new customers go you have to qualify with a good credit score (I dont know what score it is). Also I think there is a 2 dollar a month finance charge every time you pay your payment. Some people may be against it but I think its worth it when I average 7GB a month on my unlimited data plan. Plus I actually plan on paying mine off within two weeks just didnt have the full 500 today and couldnt wait to get the phone!

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I looked at the 928 at the store today. Very nice phone. I have an 8X and had an 822. The most impressive feature was the screen. It was gorgeous and the dark black all the way to the edge was awesome. I wasn't tempted too much, but if I was to get one, it would be white for sure.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
So far the 928 has surpassed my expectations I don't see any possible downsides at all. The camera is awesome well worth the purchase IMO.

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Voice call quality? I just had my first call and am somewhat concerned. Other side was also on 928. Is there some sort of active background noise cancellation going on? If so, that may have been a factor and I am trying to get used to the volume rocker. Anyone else can comment on voice calls?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sitting in a Microsoft Store, waiting for my backup to restore so I don't burn through my data. It's already over 1.4 GB through their WiFi. It's sitting on the JBL Play Up speaker next to me (sucking up juice and playing music - battery at 17%), and man for the size that thing really sounds good. If I hadn't just bought a different BT speaker, I'd pick this thing up over at ATT where it's on sale for $150.

The phone is beautiful. They don't have cases or screen protectors, so I'll have to stop at a VZW store for that. I want a case that will protect while showing off the phone, but for the moment, with limited selection, I'll pick up what they have to keep from messing it up. It feels good in the hand, but I like something a bit thicker. I'll get the slimmest case I can find that offers protection to see if I can get used to this, though, because it's just beautiful.

Ok...... I ended up liking the sound from the JBL Power Up that I went to ATT and bought one. The Verizon store I went to for a case, the manager reluctantly said that he would match it (because my corporate discount only put it $38 higher than ATT's price), but when they went in the back to get one, they didn't have any in stock. Also, none of the local ATT stores had a cyan one, so I got black, which is just as well, because my wife didn't like the idea of cyan in the living room, which is where it would spend a good part of its life (the big stereo is down in the man cave - no TV or stereo in the living room).

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
This varies from person to person, but I also did not notice the weight of the device, even though it is a bit heavier than my old phone. When I picked up a 920 in an AT&T store a couple months ago, the weight was very noticeable.

lisainsf

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Picked up the phone this morning and love love love it so far. I have owned many androids, the 4s and 5 iphones and the Nokia 822. My 822 was flawless, but the wide squareness of it was awkward and the rounded edges and finish made it slip out of my hands a lot until I got a case. The width and thinness of the 928 are great, fits in my small hands perfectly and no slipping. Screen is awesome, though fingerprints really show up. I have not loaded all my apps yet but am working on it..928 and Itsdagram all on the same day..life is good. Time will tell how the phone holds up and if there are any bugs.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I though I'd dislike the white, but had no choice, LOL.
Now I find I'm really liking it quite a lot.

Screen is really nice, colors pop and it works far more smoothly than my old Droid.
I agree with you, lisainsf, the size is really nice and fits my (female) hand well.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Probably too soon to tell but how are you guys finding your battery life? Im coming from an iPhone 5 which is more than enough to last me, Im sure the 928 will too, just curious.

elpedrogrande

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I got mine. I am SO happy to be back on Windows Phone. I ended up grabbing the blue gel case that the VZ store has. I hate to cover this beautiful thing up, but I am too scared not too. (especially after losing my Trophy so tragically). I am loving it so far, though I am a little overwhelmed with setting everything back up.

Now here is the interesting part. I went into the store to get this phone, but the sales guy didn't know that. He asked me a few questions (What do you do on your current phone, do you want to stick with Android, etc...) and then he said "I think you should take a look at this new Nokia phone". I was expecting him to push the iPhone or Galaxy S3 but he went straight to the 928. Maybe because it was new, or maybe he is a WP guy too, but I'd like to think that maybe the stores will push this a little harder than they had in the past.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05