Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

myself11

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Took about a week and a half to have a screen replacement. This screen is better than the previous (which besides big purple hue on the left side, had vertical green and red stripes), but it still has a purple hue (now on the right side) and brightness uniformity issue (left side of the screen). Firmware update turned the purple hue into green hue and doesn't allow me to dim the brightness has much as with previous firmware.

I'm still deciding if it's of any use send my 930 back to repair since I've seen two more units and all had purple hue on one side or area of the screen. And I don't know if Nokia will consider this a reason to replace the screen again (the vertical green and red stripes were too obvious to dismiss repair).

I know all flagships have issues, my HTC One X also needed a screen replacement, but it came back with a perfect one. I'm really disappointed with Nokia since it's a true lottery to have a uniform screen. How many 930 have one...?

Last edited:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
How long did it took to fix yours?

Almost two weeks. Btw I brought it to my carrier, I didn't send it to Nokia. I can't be sure but maybe it's better to bring your device to your carrier instead of Nokia because I read a lot of stories about people who got a bad screen replacement from Nokia.

pauljwells

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the problem with the screen touch sensitivity at the top of the screen. I have got used to using firm pressure when swiping and it works most of the time. The worst thing is trying to get the sound pulldown, the little downarrow that appears when you press the volume control only repsonds to a very firm, precise press. Compared with my L925, which is silky-smooth, it's a bit of a dissappointment. It isn't quite annoying enough to send for a repair though.

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the problem with the screen touch sensitivity at the top of the screen. I have got used to using firm pressure when swiping and it works most of the time. The worst thing is trying to get the sound pulldown, the little downarrow that appears when you press the volume control only repsonds to a very firm, precise press. Compared with my L925, which is silky-smooth, it's a bit of a dissappointment. It isn't quite annoying enough to send for a repair though.
Had the same problem with my first unit, went for a one-to-one replacement.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Do any of you have issues with the double-tap-to-wake after the new update? On mine it works sometimes and other times it doesn't.

Sounds like your screen is loose and that's why double tap to wake only works when the screen is pushed in to where it's supposed to be, I had the same issue. Can you confirm that your screen is raised?

If yes, try to use double tap to wake while the screen is raised, it shouldn't work.
Now push the screen back and try again, it should work now.

I know it sucks but the only way to fix it is to send it away to repairs. Or maybe use a bit of tape to keep the screen pushed in.... But that would look a bit crappy...

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like your screen is loose and that's why double tap to wake only works when the screen is pushed in to where it's supposed to be, I had the same issue. Can you confirm that your screen is raised?

If yes, try to use double tap to wake while the screen is raised, it shouldn't work.
Now push the screen back and try again, it should work now.

I know it sucks but the only way to fix it is to send it away to repairs. Or maybe use a bit of tape to keep the screen pushed in.... But that would look a bit crappy...
Yeah, my screen is raised. But, even without pushing it in, it works sometimes. I had no issue before the GDR1 update. Nevertheless, that should be the cause. Huh, I hope they can fix it within one day. I don't understand why do they take so much time just to either tighten the screen or replace it with a new one. L

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
My current issues which I believe is due to the software. First, speech or Cortana. It doesn't listen to my voice at all.

Second, when plugging headphones. The microphone doesn't work so I have to unplug it everytime.

Third, notifications. When my phone is locked and I receive say, a text or a message from WhatsApp, sometimes the screen lights up sometimes it doesn't.

Most of this issues happens after the GDR1 update. Seems like I'll have to format it, huh. There goes my game data.

Quick review...

After the new update, the screen tint issue is fixed. It seems like the battery life has also improved. If anyone is wondering if the Nokia SensorCore for the low powered core to sense motion takes a huge hit on battery life, it doesn't I have been using it for a week and I don't feel any different.

Vispen74

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I have problems with my 930 loosing reception. Sometimes when the phone looses the 3G network, it will not connect to 2G. Only solution is to reboot the phone and then it will show full strength and connect to the 2G network.
Anyone else having this problem? Do I need to send it for repair?

Skickat fr?n min PadFone 2 via Tapatalk

cayano

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I got mine last Saturday and I am very happy with it. I was using the iPhone 6 and I do not miss it. I have found data is very spotty and useless. I am in Boston area where att signal is very good, it gets very hot and power button is hard to press . Any suggestion on setting data. Thanks.

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I have problems with my 930 loosing reception. Sometimes when the phone looses the 3G network, it will not connect to 2G. Only solution is to reboot the phone and then it will show full strength and connect to the 2G network.
Anyone else having this problem? Do I need to send it for repair?

Skickat fr?n min PadFone 2 via Tapatalk
Mine it jumps suddenly from LTE, H+ or H to 2G. After awhile it jumps back to 3G and LTE.

Maybe try formatting or there might be issues with your carrier or your SIM card.

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Anybody also had a software update? It said version nummer that ends on .200 but with the preview dev. Im on a higher version. But he still installed it but Version nummer of the OS looks like it didn't changed

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Anybody also had a software update? It said version nummer that ends on .200 but with the preview dev. Im on a higher version. But he still installed it but Version nummer of the OS looks like it didn't changed

I have the same update available (.200), did this update give you a green tint? I'm afraid to install it because I read some comments from other people who got a green tint from the last update.

Edit: Is your firmware at 14353 after this update?

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the same update available (.200), did this update give you a green tint? I'm afraid to install it because I read some comments from other people who got a green tint from the last update.

Edit: Is your firmware at 14353 after this update?

Both are correct. Looks like color adjustment. Standard setting are damn ugly. But when adjusting your own colors in de display app there is no problem. Just add more purple.

ITs like shifting from one problem to another. But you safely install it, the overall problem looks a little less

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Both are correct. Looks like color adjustment. Standard setting are damn ugly. But when adjusting your own colors in de display app there is no problem. Just add more purple.

ITs like shifting from one problem to another. But you safely install it, the overall problem looks a little less

Hmm.. I don't see the point in updating then...

I'm just gonna wait for denim I guess.

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hmm.. I don't see the point in updating then...

I'm just gonna wait for denim I guess.
Sooner or later the update will install eventually ;)

Looks like This update fixes the bleeding on a black screen on my phone. Previous updates and display driver update didn't do that. So my phone looks issue free now

Last edited:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Sooner or later the update will install eventually ;)

Looks like This update fixes the bleeding on a black screen on my phone. Previous updates and display driver update didn't do that. So my phone looks issue free now

Good for you but my screen doesn't have issues with brightness uniformity anyway so there's a big chance this update will just make my screen green and that's it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb